• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Red Tide?

New posts
As far as meds are concerned, I haven't found any that really help. Anyone else?

My group yesterday said alcohol was the antidote. :biggrin:
 
I have never heard of allergy meds helping the cough of Red Tide, nor the teary eyes.

I have been "jacked up" (thanks jdarg) on Zyrtec since I arrived, taking it am and pm. Doesn't help a bit. It seems a bit less bothersome over here today, but no beach for me today.
 
My group yesterday said alcohol was the antidote. :biggrin:

Worth a shot (pudding OR Jell-o)

I have been "jacked up" (thanks jdarg) on Zyrtec since I arrived, taking it am and pm. Doesn't help a bit. It seems a bit less bothersome over here today, but no beach for me today.

I sucked on the ol' inhaler before kickball, and I think it helped some.

:floor:Hairball!

:floor:...oh sheeet! eeech eeech

I miss y'all already. Wanna come watch the leaves change up here? (Better hurry; I hear it's only going to last for a couple of hours this year.)
 
We feel like crap. Red tide is really getting us down. It's crazy to be at the beach and not go to the beach. We are both coughing like crazy and have sore throats -- D has a headache, too. Last night at dinner I had a sneezing attack and sneezed about 20 times in a row. Everyone was saying "God bless you," but I was so embarrassed and apologetic.

Our dog isn't sneezing or coughing, but we can tell she doesn't feel well (I assume from the red tide). When she doesn't feel well, she gets into her crate even when we're home. The vet told us not to take her to the beach because she might get sick from sniffing or eating some dead creature on the beach.
 
Have experienced MUCH WORSE Red Tide here in Seagrove in past years than what is here right now....although there is definitely a lot of coughing everywhere.... took a long walk this morning all around Seagrove and down to the beach and coughed just a little....I imagine anyone staying out on the beach for a long time would be coughing quite a bit more! Hope something will clear it out soon!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top