• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Red Tide?

New posts
It's based on your number of posts, nothing else! As you post more, your ranking changes accordingly.

Hopefully it will be gone by then, I'm getting a little cabin feverish!
 
Last edited:
Why am I listed as "beach tourist"....? Now I'm offended! I'm not a tourist - I built a house there - owned it for about 10 mins, even! Someone came in and made an offer we couldn't refuse. It's the house behind what used to be the Gourd Garden in Summer's Edge. We named it "High Cotton", but new owners call it "Wastin Away"....NOT a tourist, thank you , still looking for new investment (no realtors please and thank you)....

:floor:...oh my goodness, the slings against "tourists" today just don't stop. All are welcome here...even you , The Beach Tourist! :wave:

P.S. Red Tide is present and accounted for in WC...just returned from a walk w/ Molly. Gets better as you walk north. Sure miss the beach.
 
Last edited:
Thanks! No, not wandering into traffic, not throwing trash anywhere but in the trashcan (still trying to get my kids to do the same - 9 yr. thinks entire house is a can, 13 yr. old prefers floor next to overstuffed chr.) and asleep for at least 3 hrs. prior to 1 am. God, I'm old! I have, however, shouted obscenities to people who honk or yell at me while I'm on my bike on 30A .....lately I've decided to just wave at them like I know 'em(full hand, not just the middle finger) as it seems to confuse 'em and that's just plain fun. :biggrin:

Thanks for the compliment - wow - a Sowaller - and I have the sticker on my minivan to prove it!
 
:floor:...oh my goodness, the slings against "tourists" today just don't stop. All are welcome here...even you , The Beach Tourist! :wave:

P.S. Red Tide is present and accounted for in WC...just returned from a walk w/ Molly. Gets better as you walk north. Sure miss the beach.

Thanks Miss Kitty, always the voice of reason and kindness for all. :clap:

I guess unless one was born in Florida, at some point everyone was a tourist if only for a day. ;-)
 
I was in Seagrove, Grayton & Gulf Place today. It was pretty obvious it was present Everyone coughing, sniffing. Friends were on the beach in Crystal Beach and had to abandon the beach because of the Red Tide. Said they saw many dead fish including a red snapper..... what a waste.

Tbey said some group ask them if they were going to take it home and cook it!! :yikes:
 
That I don't suck.

Yes, you do. You should have checked your facts before you printed the story. Maybe you are not responsible for the headlines, but you are responsible for the content. You didn't check your facts and printed a false sense of security.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top