• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

red tntide

New posts
NORTHWEST FLORIDA
Water samples collected this week detected Karenia brevis, the Florida red tide organism, at low to medium concentrations alongshore of Okaloosa and Walton counties. Samples collected inside of Choctawhatchee Bay contained concentrations ranging from not present to background. A sample collected from the Bay County Pier (Bay County) contained no K. brevis. Multiple reports of fish kills have been received from Okaloosa and Walton counties.
 
I've been noticing it the last few days, especially in the afternoon when the wind picks up off the Gulf. Hopefully the front coming will blow it back out to sea.
It isn't as strong though as it was last month.
 
In Crystal Beach it is horrible. Now, I am asthmatic and have allergies, I can barely stick my head out the door before I sound like a tuberculosis patient! Some friends of mine were here and said it sounded like a tuberculosis unit in a hospital when they were at the beach!
 
There seemed to be some Red Tide in the Seacrest area on Monday evening when I was watching the sunset. It was the first time I had experienced red tide, but it wasn't very bad for me. I noticed that I was coughing a little bit, but if I wasn't with a friend who said, "there must be some red tide", I wouldn't have noticed (I don't have allergies or anything that would make me particularly sensitive, and I don't know how I would have felt if I stayed more than 45 minutes or so). But the little dog that was with us was coughing a lot.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top