Maybe you wouldn't, but I would.Hollibird said:Barefoot guy - thats exactly what I'm talking about. In my hometown you wouldn't DARE go to the store with anything other that a polo shirt, expensive shoes, jewerly, and your hair done... I guess I should be happy that I can relax a bit!
now. Please excuse me.Hollibird said:Barefoot guy - thats exactly what I'm talking about. In my hometown you wouldn't DARE go to the store with anything other that a polo shirt, expensive shoes, jewerly, and your hair done... I guess I should be happy that I can relax a bit!
.
Oh, they do the same too, in small southern towns. The "Debs." They just used tons of hair spray on their big hair. Even the rednecks do it, too. ;-)Hollibird said:Barefoot guy - thats exactly what I'm talking about. In my hometown you wouldn't DARE go to the store with anything other that a polo shirt, expensive shoes, jewerly, and your hair done... I guess I should be happy that I can relax a bit!
a funny southern saying I've heard that make me giggle:
'fixin' to do something. I dont know why but when I hear that, I imagine Hee Haw music.
Hollibird said:I have a question. I am a transplanted north easterner living in Destin... but still. why would anyone refer to our beautiful area as the 'redneck riviera'? Why would you want to be associated with such a derogatory name? Why would someone be proud to be considered a 'redneck'? In my hometown, that just meant you were poor, uneducated, and toothless. does it mean something else down here?
pmd8 said:The Great Northwest just makes me ill.
