• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Redneck Riviera??

New posts
You all are just wrong.

Mango, I would never make you eat gizzards or liver.
 
Johnrudy said:
fried rubber bands

That is exactly what I have heard. My elderly grandmother ordered them once in Red Lobster thinking they were onion rings. Boy was she in for a surprise when she found out what they were. Needless to say, she didn't eat any more!
 
Tootsie said:
I don't know why, but I love me some fat fried chicken gizzards (not liver though). The little cafe in the Chevron station on Hwy 98 & 393 has the best. They fry 'em up early so workers can stop in on their way to work and pick them up for lunch.

:lolabove: One morning the hubby ran in that Chevron cafe to get some eggs on a roll with bacon, and he called me and asked me if I wanted some gizzards on my sandwich :eek: and he was hysterical laughing. I've eaten some strange things in my life, frogs legs, pigs feet, blood sausages,tongue but I couldn't see my self trying a gizzard that early in the morning :shock: ;-)
 
Actually, calamari is good if it's prepared right. But there was one time that it literally felt like rubberbands. I had to send it back.
 
The infamous Point Washington thriller "Frogs" premiered when I was in third grade. We went to dinner afterward and ordered frog legs. :razz:

Funny how I was OK with it then, but now just the thought of it... :puke:

Fried gator tail is pretty good though...especially on Thanksgiving :cool:
 
I love fried chicken livers wrapped in bacon !! I also love fried calamari when it is done correctly. Have't found any restaurant that does it really well in the area, although I seem to recall BONEFISH in Destin doing a nice job.
 
goofer44 said:
I love fried chicken livers wrapped in bacon !! I also love fried calamari when it is done correctly. Have't found any restaurant that does it really well in the area, although I seem to recall BONEFISH in Destin doing a nice job.

*insert shameless self-promotion here*
Onano does a pretty good job at it. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the one who prepares it most nights. :biggrin: I wouldn't recommend anything I didn't like.
 
MMMMMMM,,,, Mummmmmmmwwaaa!!!!!!!!

GATOR TAIL!!!!!!!!!!:clap_1:


ShallowsNole said:
The infamous Point Washington thriller "Frogs" premiered when I was in third grade. We went to dinner afterward and ordered frog legs. :razz:

Funny how I was OK with it then, but now just the thought of it... :puke:

Fried gator tail is pretty good though...especially on Thanksgiving :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top