• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Regional Utilities

New posts

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Has anyone been to the new Regional Utilities building on E. Highway 98? I stopped in today to pay my water/electric bill and I was appalled:
the wasted (heated and cooled) space in that building is incredible!

And, the wasted space in the parking lot. I was just appalled that a utility (energy) company would have so much empty space. Maybe I am missing something, but I felt as though I was walking into a huge cave and there are only two people working behind the desk....

In this age of conservation of energy and attempts by some to reduce carbon footprints, it seems so inappropriate for the local energy company to waste so much.

:idontno::(
 
Mr. TFT said pretty much the same thing when we drove by it the other day.
 
I had similar thoughts when I dropped off my payment last week.
I also found it laughable that the Chelco/Regional newsletters spin the new location as being "more convenient" for their customers.:blink:
 
Hilarious! Y'all have ESP. I just had this conversation with another SoWaller today (he can chime in) - but his description made it sound the same- completely over the top!!
 
Does King Dewey Wilson still roam the halls with his dog? I went to a meeting and I was surprised by this, it's good to be the King. How do you get appointed? :idontno:
 
Not sure...I did not see him, but there is room for an entire kennel in the lobby and the unused space in the parking lot could be Dog Park East!
 
I had to go there this week to pay my bill and I came back to the car and told my fiance' that I could NOT believe the size of the building and the wasted space was just CRAZY! On top of this, all CHELCO customers just received a letter stating that the power rates are increasing and may increase again in 2009...HOW DARE THEM!
 
I know... I could build a house with all the nails I'm spitting over the CHELCO price hike so conveniently incurred right after they've moved into the new mega building!

Looks like it would be a great shelter for those "right on the gulf" folks in case there's a need for gulf front evacuation.
 
I didn't know they had moved until several days after trying to deliver my payment in person to their old office. Trop. Storm Fay was expected to hit on Sat, and my payment was due on Friday. I drove to their former office and the hurricane shutters were completely covering the windows and doors and they had removed the drop box. I was started to get scared about Fay coming through. Not seeing a sign noting that they had moved, I thought I would check back on Monday. Went back on Monday, and still locked down. It was Labor Day, so I guessed they would reopen on Tue. Went back Tuesday, still under lock down with no sign indicating they moved. Frustrated, I drove to Freeport office and delivered payment, and inquired about the SoWal location.

"Oh, they moved out to near the big church."

I don't think the nice lady behind the desk gave a crap about my suggestion to place a sign up on the former office location, noting the move.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top