• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Remoulade sauce

New posts

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
Does anyone have an easy/good recipe for remoulade sauce?

The PF Chang thread made me crave crab cakes (I so love Shrimpers) but I think some remoulade would make them even better and the only stuff I could find at Publix looked icky. I loved the sauce on Shades crab cakes.
 
Thanks! I think it's the White version because I knew it had mayo & mustard.

Do they have Creole mustard at Publix? Is there another common name for it?
 
Here's an amazing recipe. Better for shrimp than crab cakes.

3/4 cup mayo
1 T cajun or creole mustard
1 T ketchup
1 T prepared horseradish
1 t paprika
1/2 t tabasco
lemon juice
1 T green onions, finely chopped
1 T celery, finely chopped
1 T parsley, finely chopped

Mix ingredients. I always add more tabasco. Refrigerate - the longer the better. Boil an artichoke in garlic powder, lemon juice and cayenne pepper til tender. Remove soft interior leaves and hair from heart. Pour sauce inside of artichoke. Boil shrimp in crab boil, cayenne and lemon. Dip the shrimp in the sauce. Also, dip the artichoke leaves in the sauce and eat the meaty part. When all leaves and shrimp are gone, cut the heart in fours and eat with sauce. Delicious! Always a big hit as an appetizer!
 
Sounds yummy!

How long do you typically refrigerate - several hours, several days?

Do you have a trick for getting the center leaves & fuzz out w/o knocking the exterior leaves off?
 
You can refrigerate anywhere from an hour to overnight. Pull the center leaves out and if you have a grapefruit spoon - this works best to get the fuzz off of the heart.
 
I don't have a remoulade to make (enough to get me to make the crabcakes!) but I buy the Louisiana brand, usually in the fish market area. Looks kind of like Thousand Island dressing but has a kick to it and good flavor. Reminds me- I used all of ours up this weekend, must go put it on shopping list.......
 
We have a awesome remo sauce at Stinky's if you would like to buy some or I might try to get the recipe from the chef for you! Just let me know!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top