• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

REO Speedwagon

New posts

Joe Mammy

Beach Lover
Granted I'm a Realtor who makes his living by closing deals. If I don't close deals I don't get paid.

I like REO's. I can close them in 30 days and my buyer is ecstatic because he gets a great deal. Shorties? I can close them maybe...just maybe in 120 days to over a year----OR NOT AT ALL!

We had a local attorney speak at our monthly sales meeting last week. He wants us to bring him our short sales deals because he is an "expert" at closing them. He also professed expertise in prolonging foreclosure and wanted us to bring him our sellers in trouble facing foreclosure.

I posed my feelings to him: I can empathize with the primary homeowner who lost his job and is facing foreclosure but wants to cure his default. But I think it is criminal for the investor to collect rent while not making mortgage payments and hiring an attorney to prolong the process.

His responce? "It's a double edged sword."

The sooner the lenders foreclose and then sell as REOs the better for this industry- buyers and sellers alike.
 
Granted I'm a Realtor who makes his living by closing deals. If I don't close deals I don't get paid.

I like REO's. I can close them in 30 days and my buyer is ecstatic because he gets a great deal. Shorties? I can close them maybe...just maybe in 120 days to over a year----OR NOT AT ALL!

We had a local attorney speak at our monthly sales meeting last week. He wants us to bring him our short sales deals because he is an "expert" at closing them. He also professed expertise in prolonging foreclosure and wanted us to bring him our sellers in trouble facing foreclosure.

I posed my feelings to him: I can empathize with the primary homeowner who lost his job and is facing foreclosure but wants to cure his default. But I think it is criminal for the investor to collect rent while not making mortgage payments and hiring an attorney to prolong the process.

His responce? "It's a double edged sword."

The sooner the lenders foreclose and then sell as REOs the better for this industry- buyers and sellers alike.

So the ding, ding, ding you hear ain't the bottom? I'll bet it's the sound of the attorney's cash register ringing.

.
 
So the ding, ding, ding you hear ain't the bottom? I'll bet it's the sound of the attorney's cash register ringing.

.

That ding-ding-ding is the bell bouncing on the bottom. And the bottom is an REO or a seller who bought in prior to 2001 who is still making a satisfactory profit and decided it's time to cash out.

I brought two shorties to the same attorney's office last year...neither one closed.
 
Baby, I can't fight foreclosure anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fightin' for.
It's time to let the market hit the floor,
say goodbye 2004 - forever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgWABKQpvqA"]YouTube - Reo Speedwagon - I Cant´t Fight This Feeling[/ame]
 
I've heard the visionaries at "The Beach" are fighting over this years marketing strategy for an all encompasing name "brand"for the panhandle.
One side of the isle wants to name it Reo de Janeiro and the other The Beaches of Short Sail. Either way their attorneys are giddy about the posibilities!
 
Baby, I can't fight foreclosure anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fightin' for.
It's time to let the market hit the floor,
say goodbye 2004 - forever.

I've heard the visionaries at "The Beach" are fighting over this years marketing strategy for an all encompasing name "brand"for the panhandle.
One side of the isle wants to name it Reo de Janeiro and the other The Beaches of Short Sail. Either way their attorneys are giddy about the posibilities!

:rolling:

Now all we need is a haiku!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top