• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Replacing fogged windows

New posts

futurebeachbum

Beach Fanatic
I've got several fogged windows on our home in Seagrove.

Just looking for recommendations on where to get the fogged panels replaced.

Thanks,

FBB
 
Good morning!

Try Seagrove Glass on 30-A!
I have dealt with them in past.
Good company and that's what they do........................

I've used them lots in the past for plate glass to protect table tops, mirrors, etc.. I didn't realize that they did double glazed panels as well.
 
Contact the window manufacturer - they may be under warranty depending on when they were installed and if you were the owner at that time.
 
bad experience

Good morning!

Try Seagrove Glass on 30-A!
I have dealt with them in past.
Good company and that's what they do........................

Regards,
Steve
S.C. Designing, Inc.
Window Tinting & Window Treatments
www.scdesigninginc.com

we had a very bad experience with this company (seagrove glass) a couple of years ago - they basically ruined our front door by sending a guy who was incompetent. he totally mangled it. the owner (manager?) was very nice, apologetic, etc but he really didn't make it look any better. the glass was repaired at the expense of the rest of the french door. it is thankfully hidden by white 2" blinds, but only if they are kept closed! :bang:

we have a few more fogged windows - i will be interested to see who else is suggested since we will need to be brave and hire someone!
 
I am a window and door supplier here in the panhandle. You should try to determine who's windows they are. For example, I offer a 20 year warranty against the fogging you are experiencing. If it's my windows, you will likely be getting a new window. You will just need to paint the new one as that isn't covered in the warranty.

Sometimes, you can look in the lower corners of the glass and see the name of the manufacturer etched in the glass. Sometimes it is stamped on the silver spacer between the two panes of glass.

I would be willing to stop and take a look at the window and help you identify who's they are and I can usually find when the window was originally built to help determine a warranty.

Hurricane resistant windows typically are not reglazable due to the adhesives holding the glass in place needing to be much stronger.

Call me on my cell at 541-4803 if you need help.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top