• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Restaurant Fire

New posts

Future SoWal Guy

Beach Comber
Living in New Orleans, I had heard of Restaurant Fire when it was there but I was never able to go. So when I was in Seaside recently, I made it a point to shimmy on over to Grayton Beach and eat here. I'm so glad I did. Let me walk you through our dinner:

The Dip trio - three dips served with endive, carrots, and pita bread. We ordered the Artichoke and Olive, Apricot and Habanero, and the Cranberry and Goat cheese. There were like seven different to choose from but the Apricot and habanero dip - I could have eaten three portions of it.

For dinner I ordered the pine nut crusted snapper which was topped with roasted beets and greens. The fish was cooked perfectly. The presentation was phenomenal. My friend ordered the Niman Ranch double cut pork chop. If you don't know the story behind Niman Ranch, I suggest you research it because their farming practices are the exact opposite of what is currently going on with agribusiness. Niman Ranch does not use confinement facilities for their animals, which in turn produces better tasting, non-antibiotic and pesticide filled meat. Not to mention the pigs are fed what a pig is supposed to eat; Niman's pigs aren't being served other animal body parts, like blood meal. I know I'm on my high horse but I recommend everyone in America researching the current animal farming practices. It will change the way you view what you're eating! Nicolette Niman's Righteous Porkchop and Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food are two books I recommend on the subject.

Anyway - back to the review. For dessert we had the Sticky Toffee Pudding cake. My God, that was heaven. It was a perfect end to a perfect evening. The service was outstanding, very professional and our server was excellent. I can't wait to go back to Grayton Beach so I can go to this restaurant again!!! Too bad they're no longer in NOLA :(
 
The apricot habenero dip and sticky toffee are some of our favorites too! :biggrin:We sometimes order 2 apricots in the dip "trio" to avoid fighting!
And rather than decide on just one dessert, we order several and pass them around the table!
 
I asked this before on another thread but where is Restaurant Fire? The post above is enough to make me a vegetarian. It was interesting reading about the Niman Ranch pork because one of our restaurants has that on their menu. Fun to read everyone's opinion.
 
Fire location

I asked this before on another thread but where is Restaurant Fire? The post above is enough to make me a vegetarian. It was interesting reading about the Niman Ranch pork because one of our restaurants has that on their menu. Fun to read everyone's opinion.


Fire is located just a quarter block north of 30A one Hwy 283. Turn left and fire is next to the chiroprator's office.

Good Luck - it truly is the best on 30A
 
I asked this before on another thread but where is Restaurant Fire? The post above is enough to make me a vegetarian. It was interesting reading about the Niman Ranch pork because one of our restaurants has that on their menu. Fun to read everyone's opinion.

Farms are slowly converting back to the "old ways" of raising animals (cage free/no tail docking) but unfortunately the current practices by Smithfield (for just pork in general) are detremental to the animal's health and well being. This produces inferior meat. I'm not posting this because I'm an anti meat PETA radical, I'm posting this because I refuse to eat animal products that are inferior due to their housing conditions. Luckily restaurants like FIRE (and yours as well) are are buying from these revolutionary companies (like Niman Ranch) and is serving the most delicious double cut pork chop I've ever had!! If you'd like to learn more about current animal "farming" (the term farming being a stretch, their more like factories) I suggest watching the documentary Food, Inc.

Middlesister - you should check Fire out. I had the best meal there!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top