• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Restaurant Suggestions

New posts

miamiar

Beach Crab
Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are here with our three children and know there are dozens of great places to eat. Now that my final exams are done, we're looking to venture out for supper the next few nights.
We are staying in Seagrove Beach.

Where would you suggest the best place would be for raw oysters?

and

If you could only pick 2 places for great seafood that are family friendly, where would you choose?

Thank you all in advance!!!
 
Like I said, I know there are tons of great places, Our time, unfortunately, is limited. Any help is greatly appreciated! :D
 
We like Hurricane Oyster Bar for oysters, Bayou Bills for just general seafood, Smiling Fish, Stinky's and Nick's on the bay.
 
Nick's on the Bay is terrific... but if I was only here for 1 week I wouldn't want to drive that far. There are too many great choices right on 30-A or close enough to be convenient.

Stinky's is great for oysters and more!

Gravel Road-- not necessarily oysters but fills about every other bill you can ask for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Bayou Bills.. even tho it's not right on 30-A it's pretty close and great for families. They give the kiddies a plastic sandpail/shovel souvenir that's a big hit. (their fried seafood is really good + they have other kid friendly options if seafood isn't on their hit parade).
 
Gravel road, for sure!

And if you want one of their BEST servers, ask for Russ!:clap::clap::clap: Granted, he is my son, but , he is very professional, attentive and descriptive of their food preparation! He is also great in suggesting food, based on your interests and taste! He's kinda "customer centered", like his mom!;-) Enjoy our paradise and great food!
Nick's on the Bay is terrific... but if I was only here for 1 week I wouldn't want to drive that far. There are too many great choices right on 30-A or close enough to be convenient.

Stinky's is great for oysters and more!

Gravel Road-- not necessarily oysters but fills about every other bill you can ask for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Bayou Bills.. even tho it's not right on 30-A it's pretty close and great for families. They give the kiddies a plastic sandpail/shovel souvenir that's a big hit. (their fried seafood is really good + they have other kid friendly options if seafood isn't on their hit parade).
 
Last edited:
Bayou Bill's

If you go to Bayou Bill's, ask for Patrick. He's one of the owner's and will take great care of you! Please tell him that Diane, with Wyndham, highly recommended them! FYI, I took my grandson there for the first time, a while back and he LOVED it!:wub: They bring the kids food out in the beach pails and it looks like their food, is spilling out of the pail! It will make for an awesome beach memory, for the kids!:clap: They also have someone that does Glass Blowing outside, but I'm not sure what days. I prefer to sit in a booth and they have the largest ones, I've ever seen! I wouldn't be surprised, if it would seat a family of 10! http://www.bayoubills.com
Nick's on the Bay is terrific... but if I was only here for 1 week I wouldn't want to drive that far. There are too many great choices right on 30-A or close enough to be convenient.

Stinky's is great for oysters and more!

Gravel Road-- not necessarily oysters but fills about every other bill you can ask for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Bayou Bills.. even tho it's not right on 30-A it's pretty close and great for families. They give the kiddies a plastic sandpail/shovel souvenir that's a big hit. (their fried seafood is really good + they have other kid friendly options if seafood isn't on their hit parade)
.
 
Last edited:
Tried Bayou Bills in May. We ate oysters 3 times on vacation in South Walton this summer. Bayou Bill's grilled oysters were absolutely INCREDIBLE, and my favorite.

The glass figures are very cool!! My husband is counting on returning for a glass Razorback.
 
Hurricane Oyster Bar in Grayton is hands down the best place for oysters. They do them 30 different ways and have a great happy hour every day from 3-6. I know because I am a local and have been eating there for years, even when they were in Seaside. They are a great family friendly place too.
 
Hurricane Oyster Bar in Grayton is hands down the best place for oysters. They do them 30 different ways and have a great happy hour every day from 3-6. I know because I am a local and have been eating there for years, even when they were in Seaside. They are a great family friendly place too.

oops
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top