• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Rick Brown for Sheriff

New posts
Re: Next Sheriff

anyone can go to Rick Brown's web site and email him directly or call him.
the web site is www.members.cox.net/vote4rickbrown/ On it you can find his email address of vote4rickbrown@cox.net
His days off are Tues/Wed/Thurs and he can be reached by cell after 5PM every day and all day on his days off.
Cell is (850)974-0638

I can vouche that Rick Brown has been an active part of the community for some time on the north side of the Bay! Great Man! I truly believe that if given the opportunity to represent us at a higher level he will enforce the needed changes!

Politics is something that generally doesn't light my fire, so to speak, but this one does!

Get to know all the candidates...The web gives you the avenue needed to do so...It matters this time...could mean sink or swim for Walton County as a whole! The Sheriff's Dept in this county is all we have to work between the people and the court system in upholding ALL LAWS...not just the ones the choose!
 
Re: Next Sheriff

upholding ALL LAWS...not just the ones the choose!

So if a candidate were violating the law while running, you would not vote for them? What if the candidate did not know of the violation? Do you think that it speaks of a candidate for them to do something such as running for office, and not learn of all the laws involved in how to do it?
 
Re: Next Sheriff

So if a candidate were violating the law while running, you would not vote for them? What if the candidate did not know of the violation? Do you think that it speaks of a candidate for them to do something such as running for office, and not learn of all the laws involved in how to do it?

Wow...You certainly took that and ran with it...just the wrong direction.

Let me see..I was speaking in terms of once they took office, maybe that makes it clearer...and particularly I was talking about upholding and enforcing the laws that we the people must all strive to live within...

Of course...the law doesn't support ignorance...ask those who try to pull that one in court!
 
Re: Next Sheriff

Of course...the law doesn't support ignorance...ask those who try to pull that one in court!

So ignorance of the law would be a negative for someone running for Sheriff? I am just trying to understand what makes people pick one candidate over another in this most important office.
 
I have been following the postings in SOWAL and want to respond to your requests for information.
Let me introduce myself, please just call me Rick.
Please go to my website, www.members.cox.net/vote4rickbrown/ for biographical information and qualifications. I did not post all my qualifications because I don’t want you to think I’m in love with myself. I do not place myself on a pedestal above you .I will sit next to you and look you in the eye as an equal human being. I’m not a “Politician” either. If you ask a “Politician” a question, he/she will tell you what he/she thinks you want to hear. If you ask me a question, you will get a reality check and a straight answer. If I cannot give you an answer, we will find it together. It takes more than one person to manage and run any department. This is why I would like the community to get involved in the problem solving process.
For twenty eight years I worked the streets and offices of the Fort Walton Beach Police Department. I know what the public wants and I know what the officers/deputies want and what they need to do their job efficiently.
One of the most important things I want to do is revamp the financial department. I am not a financial wizard but I do know people who are. A wise person surrounds himself with wiser persons.
I plan on building a close working relationship with other agencies where we can all communicate and work together as a whole.
I want all deputies to know I am behind them 100% and respect their ability to do the job. We will work together to accomplish the same goal; protecting and serving the citizens of Walton County. If I am elected, more specialized courses will be available for them to improve their skills if they so desire. If elected I will implement other units within the department such as street crimes, modernized narcotics division, more training for canine units, and use the expertise of individual deputies in areas most needed. I want to raise the department morale to a level that every deputy can be proud of where he/she works and every deputy can be secure that he/she will be treated equally and fairly. All promotions will be based on testing or interviews conducted in a professional manner. I have to gain the officers trust and confidence that I will work hard for their rights and needs. Law enforcement officers have to be a part of the planning and growth process. They are the back bone to any law enforcement department. If elected I will gain that trust and confidence. There are deputies currently working for the department who know of my integrity and morals. I will be the same man as Sheriff as I am today. Nor is there anyone who can persuade me to be different.
I would like to implement several plans to bring the Sheriff’s Department and the citizens of Walton county together. Some of these are:
A Citizen’s Police Academy,
A Teen Explorer Program,
A Civilian Ride-Along Program,
An annual Childrens’ Cook-Out with law enforcement and families to show them we are not Bad Guys who can put them in jail because they don’t eat their vegetables.
A “Come On In” program to invite the public to my office every week or every two weeks in the north and the south end offices. This day I will dedicate to being available to the public, I will not schedule meetings on that day. I will be available by phone or in person. Of course all other days I will be available as well but (REALITY CHECK) I must ask that appointments be made. I will answer all phone calls and all emails in a timely manner.
I cannot stress enough that this is the time we all need to pull together and create a county that is the best place to live or visit.
It would be wonderful if we could make Walton county crime free, but (REALITY CHECK) folks we cannot do this.By working together we can sure make it difficult for thieves, crooks, thugs, and gang members to gain a criminal momentum with in our county.
In the upcoming election you have a very difficult decision to make. Do you want to place your trust in someone that truly wants to take the bull by the horns and get the job done?
Or, do you want to elect someone who beats his chest like Tarzan and says “look at me I’m the top law dog.!”?
If I am elected, together we can bring the Walton County Sheriff’s Office into the 21st century and know we have all participated in making one of the finest law enforcement agencies in the state of Florida.
Constructive criticism is welcome, ideas are welcome, and if you would like to meet with me in person, let’s get together for a meeting and a cup of coffee on one of my days off; Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Thank you for taking the time and reading this thread. I hope it has given you an idea of the kind of person I am and what I believe in.
Rick
 
Last edited:
I do not think that letting the public know what your qualifications for being the sheriff is "pounding your chest like Tarzan???"

We deserve to know what your qualifications are....where you come from, your experience and opinion on the current "administration" would be nice also...

I personally am sick of the corruption in Walton County, and care more about our (the publics opinion and morale) than some of the "corrupt" officers in this county!!!

From viewing all that Dennis has to offer this county with experience and morality, I say (repectfully) your up against a person who truly deserves the position. We in Walton County would be so lucky to have him as Sheriff.....
Good Luck..
 
Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting and opening up to the public, Good move. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Whats your thoughts of having a mix of civilian and law enforcement setting up a review board to look at public complaints and watch over the jail and provide a check and balance back to the community.

2. Will you have an "OPEN RIDER" program for the media to ride along and be able to report back to the community what they observed?

3. Will you seek to bring the deputies wages to a level that represents a cross the board average nationally?

4. Would you be willing to go on local radio and TV say once a month to give updates with the department?

I am sure I could come up with more but lets see where we are at with these right now. Thanks and Good Luck!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top