• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Rod Run for this area

New posts

John T

Beach Comber
We just got finished with a 3 day rod run in this area, 5000 cars,100,000 people.One of the largest events of this kind in the South. Loud exhaust pipes, many middle age drunks. Travel time 1/2 mile per hour. You can earn beads by showing parts of your body ( I received no offers to show my abbs however). People line the roads with chairs and sit all day, drinking and watching the cars go by. This would be a GREAT event for 30 A, who would I talk to to get something like this started there? The bike lane would make a great passing lane for the people who did not want to wait in traffic. The slow period right now, before the summer season would be perfect for the event!
 
Do you mean hot rods? Are the drivers also drinking? Personally, I don't like loud pipes or drunks. Or loud drunks or quiet pipes. I like looking at cars though.

No motorized vehicles are allowed on the bike path, and no one is going to want to block 30A traffic for more than a brief period.
 
I'm thinking no...
Sounds like a great PC event...
 
These are a lot of fun for all... I''m in. Sounds like some got the wrong idea from the description.

The ones I've been to are only 100 to 200 cars and family oriented.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top