• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Romantic Dining

New posts

IndyGirl

Beach Crab
Hi out there....I moved out of the Destin area 10 years ago and although I have been back several times since, there are quite a few new restaurants that have opened recently. I am getting married on the beach October 24th and am looking for a place to have a small (4) wedding dinner. We will be staying in our wedding clothes so any recommendations? Price not a problem. The problem is probably where we could go that has great ambience and I won't look too goofy in a wedding dress....but darn it, I want to wear it for more than the short length of the ceremony before I retire the dress.

Cafe 30A is too big, What would Cafe Provence be like? I've had recommendations for Fish Out of Water and I like the location but their website makes the interior look too light and open for a romantic meal.

Appreciate any great suggestions and since we have the limo, distance is not a problem that evening.
 
Try Criolla's. I am pretty sure that they have private rooms, all on the first floor, and a very good wine list.

I love D&K (Sorry Kat) but IMHO, this might be the best bet for you.
 
IMHO, I think Cafe Tango is one of our most intimate and romantic restaurants in the area. Just as you mentioned that Fish might be too large - this could be too small.

Click Here for a review I wrote on the restaurant with pictures.

Hope the weather is nice for your wedding - today was sensational!
 
I know that Seagars in the Sandestin Hilton can arrange a nice intimate dinner. Very pricey, but worth it.
 
FIRE has these small intimate rooms that might be perfect for you!
Also....would be no problem getting in there in your special dress!

I know D&K's would do a beautiful job for you...just not sure about getting up the stairs in the dress :blush:

Either of these settings would be ideal :wub:for your situation..and the food is wonderful in both...

I would NOT even consider going off 30A...based on what you are looking for !!

Best Wishes!!!
 
D&K has a private room downstairs that would be perfect. I think it seats only four. Call Kat and she will take care of you.
 
D&K has a private room downstairs that would be perfect. I think it seats only four. Call Kat and she will take care of you.

There is also a cozy area tucked away upstairs. I don't think anyone will take care of you as well as D&K.
 
DEFINITELY....CAFE TANGO.....

best food in the area...if you do go, get the appetizer "baked brie"...
you won't be sorry...the filet doesn't need a knife....

restaurant is small, only has about 20 tables, but if your party is (4)
then call for your reservations and enjoy!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top