• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Rosemary Beach Conditions

New posts

mujd96

Beach Comber
We are planning on coming to Rosemary Beach again in May. We lasted visited in May 2004. I've called a couple of times to ask about the condition of the beaches and I get the feeling I'm not getting the whole story. Does anyone know what the condition of the beach at Rosemary Beach is? Thanks in advance for your input.
 
Last edited:
The last time I was there (about 2 weeks ago), the beach was absolutely stunning. Wide, clear bluegreen water, no visible peat, lots of sand on top. Most walkovers were rebuilt. No worries, it's wonderful.
 
:welcome: mujd96

On the home page of this site you'll see a selection for photos. I think you'll find some recent pics of Rosemary beach there.
 
mujd96 said:
We are planning on coming to Rosemary Beach again in May. We lasted visited in May 2004. I've called a couple of times to ask about the condition of the beaches and I get the feeling I'm not getting the whole story. Does anyone know what the condition of the beach at Rosemary Beach is? Thanks in advance for your input.

Check this thread. Scroll about halfway down to see photos Kurt took two days ago. I was also down a couple of weeks ago and the beach is looking great right now.
photos - green corduroy sofa - 04/05/06 - SoWal Beaches Forum
Hope this helps!
 
The photo below is from a few days ago. They have been trucking in sand and distributing at the base of the dunes. Once that is finished fairly soon they will plant sea oats.

http://www.sowal.com/photos-040506.html


DSCN2877.jpg
 
The beaches are beautiful and so is the water. Yes, there might be some erosion at the progression between the beach and ground level. But you won't be hanging out there, so that's only an issue for the beachfront owners, God bless their souls.

Bottom line: This area of the Florida Panhandle is beautiful, and there is no reason to be concerned about the quality of your beach experience. I'm not sure how any messages to the contrary got distributed to those who are not knowledgeable about SoWal. I guess the media likes to portray situations as *bad* to get in a story line on a slow news day. :idontno:
 
Beach Runner said:
This area of the Florida Panhandle is beautiful, and there is no reason to be concerned about the quality of your beach experience. I'm not sure how any messages to the contrary got distributed to those who are not knowledgeable about SoWal. I guess the media likes to portray situations as *bad* to get in a story line on a slow news day. :idontno:

Well said BR. In frequenting this and other travel forums I am amazed at the number of people who think about cancelling or postponing their trips because they have heard that the beaches are "not like they used to be." I am personally undeterred and can't wait to visit in June!
 
lindabobhat said:
Well said BR. In frequenting this and other travel forums I am amazed at the number of people who think about cancelling or postponing their trips because they have heard that the beaches are "not like they used to be." I am personally undeterred and can't wait to visit in June!

You'll love it. I live next door in Seacrest Beach and the beach up this end is gorgeous. Nice and wide and clean. Much accretion has occurred to the beach and as Kurt said the dunes have also been redone in Rosemary so even they look nice.
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
You'll love it. I live next door in Seacrest Beach and the beach up this end is gorgeous. Nice and wide and clean. Much accretion has occurred to the beach and as Kurt said the dunes have also been redone in Rosemary so even they look nice.

Actually, I will be in Seacrest Beach (at the Cottages of Camp Creek.) Looking forward to my first "official" visit to Sowal (having stayed in PCB and Destin previously.)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top