I am not vague at all when it comes to the point of public/private. I am wholeheartedly AGAINST the concept of private beach. And as browndog said, it goes completely against the grain of NUD. But the point I am trying to get across is that the HOAs of these communities that were elected after the development deals were done, seem to have no clue about those deals but yet feel the county (read:us) should maintain their amenities and beaches and also provide more space for public areas so they dont catch the fall out of wanting to keep the places they are private. Well, there is only SO MUCH sand out there. And when it has all been bought up and gated off, there is none left for the public areas. So, YES, those gated communities are the villain here and cant expect to not take the repercussions of keeping things the way they want them. I feel that if we pay we get to play, but these HOAs still feel the need to act all high and mighty while still professing that they have done nothing wrong. When in fact all the public areas are pretty much GONE due to them. And we cant expect for the county to come in and renourish/maintain the small 10ft wide areas around the public accesses without touching the subdivisions while they are at it. Until it is settled in I would venture to say the Supreme Court,cause you know they wont stop at the local level, the debates about it are senseless. The only way there will ever be resolution is for us to elect some officials that are not afraid to P.O. some of the people and stand firm in a decision without @$$ kissing the big money. Our county has a HUGE tax base now and I dont think they need to cater to the developers and abandon what few County beach accesses left.