• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Run-offs?

New posts

Matt J

SWGB
I didn't want to clog another thread with this question, but I'm assuming the same rule applies for run-offs as the general election when a ballot is one party? I'm pretty certain that the Sheriff's race will have a run-off election unless Walton county doesn't do that.
 
No runoff's in Florida - most votes wins the primary. If no opponent from another party then they are the winner.

Why it's that way - I haven't a clue.
 
Last edited:
No run-off. The Republican Sheriff candidate who wins in the Primary Aug. 26 will face the lone Democrat in the General in November. The Republican District 5 Commissioner candidate who wins the Aug. 26 Primary election is the winner -- OVER. No redos.
 
Thanks, after I posted I thought back and was thinking of municipal elections in Bay County. Sorry for any confusion.
 
No need to apologize. Thanks for bringing up the issue. The more it is discussed, the more people will be informed and make a better choice come election time. Being a good citizen takes a lot of work sometimes.
 
Last edited:
It is a good topic, SWGB.

For me, it crystallized the fact that someone could become county commissioner with 21% of the vote. Zero district 5 residents could vote for the person who ends up representing them. How scary is that?

Just one more reason a strong two party system will benefit everyone in this county.
 
Two party system is crucial to a democracy

I agree. One of the reasons it has been so important to let Walton Democrats know they can vote in key races, without a Democrat running, is so they will actually turn out and vote in the August primary. Many people stayed home in the presidential primary -- because they didn't think their vote would count. It is scary that such a small percentage of people will determine the outcome of these important local races.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top