• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

rush limbaugh and pat robertson and hell

New posts
who said they represented all christians? my point was they hold themselves out to be christians so it's perfectly acceptable to offer an opinion on whether or not they measure up.

Not you, but it has been all over the media.
 
who said they represented all christians? my point was they hold themselves out to be christians so it's perfectly acceptable to offer an opinion on whether or not they measure up.

So is Minnie the house speaker for Christianity? Give us your list and we'll see if you measure up- that's a war you'll never win. If you know anything about the standard of Christianity you would know it's actually impossible for a human being to live up to the standard set there. That's why Jesus came, duh, we couldn't do it. There is a statement in there that says, love thinks no evil. THINKS NO EVIL. Yeah right. Have you ever tried that? It's not possible. There is an escape clause for us humans and that is love covers a multitude of sins. I know you understand how hard it is to love people at times Shellak, it's an everyday, second by second choice. It's hard work. I grab that one and hang on to it cause every thought I think doesn't measure up nor do yours or anybody else's. Everybody says stupid stuff at times- you can't pay attention to every single word that comes out of someone's mouth- geez. There is a universal lesson that everyone can relate to even if they choose not to be a Christian and that is sewing and reaping or planting and harvesting. You plant corn, you get corn. You plant love, you get love. The kindergarten rule- treat others how you would like to be treated. It's all about loving people. By the way if there was a vote for house speaker, I would vote for Minnie!
 
So is Minnie the house speaker for Christianity? Give us your list and we'll see if you measure up- that's a war you'll never win. If you know anything about the standard of Christianity you would know it's actually impossible for a human being to live up to the standard set there. That's why Jesus came, duh, we couldn't do it. There is a statement in there that says, love thinks no evil. THINKS NO EVIL. Yeah right. Have you ever tried that? It's not possible. There is an escape clause for us humans and that is love covers a multitude of sins. I know you understand how hard it is to love people at times Shellak, it's an everyday, second by second choice. It's hard work. I grab that one and hang on to it cause every thought I think doesn't measure up nor do yours or anybody else's. Everybody says stupid stuff at times- you can't pay attention to every single word that comes out of someone's mouth- geez. There is a universal lesson that everyone can relate to even if they choose not to be a Christian and that is sewing and reaping or planting and harvesting. You plant corn, you get corn. You plant love, you get love. The kindergarten rule- treat others how you would like to be treated. It's all about loving people. By the way if there was a vote for house speaker, I would vote for Minnie!
religion markets eternal life through compliance. we are all guilty as charged. quite a sales pitch! i'll take 2.
 
So is Minnie the house speaker for Christianity? Give us your list and we'll see if you measure up- that's a war you'll never win. If you know anything about the standard of Christianity you would know it's actually impossible for a human being to live up to the standard set there. That's why Jesus came, duh, we couldn't do it. There is a statement in there that says, love thinks no evil. THINKS NO EVIL. Yeah right. Have you ever tried that? It's not possible. There is an escape clause for us humans and that is love covers a multitude of sins. I know you understand how hard it is to love people at times Shellak, it's an everyday, second by second choice. It's hard work. I grab that one and hang on to it cause every thought I think doesn't measure up nor do yours or anybody else's. Everybody says stupid stuff at times- you can't pay attention to every single word that comes out of someone's mouth- geez. There is a universal lesson that everyone can relate to even if they choose not to be a Christian and that is sewing and reaping or planting and harvesting. You plant corn, you get corn. You plant love, you get love. The kindergarten rule- treat others how you would like to be treated. It's all about loving people. By the way if there was a vote for house speaker, I would vote for Minnie!

Are you defending Pat Robertson or Minnie? :idontno:
This sounds like an attack on Shellak. I read Minnie's article and it just reinforces what Shellak said... that as a Christian, it is perfectly acceptable to offer an opinion on how they measure up. The author did just that.
 
love the comments of these two individuals (i would call them "gentlemen" but that would be such a mischaracterization) regarding haiti's devastating earthquake. so compassionate and "christian", wouldn't you say? i guess that's why there is a hell and paybacks.

?We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.?
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
 
I have no problem with Shellak's comments, my comments were in reference to the fact that much of the media and some, has lumped all Christians into the same category with Pat Robertson, which I find ridiculous and insulting.

Pat Robertson does not represent my beliefs in any form, shape or fashion. I find his comments very unChristian.

Thanks Mango

I have friends in Haiti on a church Mission, we have heard nothing from them and hope for their safety. Right now they are much more important than continuing to discuss Pat Robertson.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top