• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Ruth's Chris

New posts

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
We are going to Ruth's Chris tonight to spend a gift certificate that expires in a week (:pissed: ). But my irritation over that little detail can be vented elsewhere.


Anyhoo, other than the obvious steaks, what do y'all order there? What salad is good, or seafood? I like steak OK, but would probably order something else that is lighter. I remember a discussion about this place, but couldn't find it. So you Ruth's Chris people, please give me the scoop! Thanks!
 
I have been to probably four different Ruth's Chris. As you probably know, everything is a la carte. If you order a side, split one with your significant other. The lyonaisse potatos are pretty good. Of all the different steaks they do, I prefer the strip. The lettuce wedge with bleu cheese is my favorite salad they do, but they're all good.

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with other entrees. It is, after all, a streak house. When in Rome......
 
Alright you guys--- T minus 3 hours 'til cow time. Nobody has any other favorites at Rufus Chris' Steakhouse (that's what Kate is calling it)? I guess JB is right- when in Rome, eat a steak swimming in a butter pool! I am a butter addict- maybe they can just bring me the pool of butter and a straw.:blink:


The bad news is my almost 6', 165 lb. son will be with us. He could eat 3 steaks. Maybe I will nibble off of his. Bdarg will be guarding his own plate like a pit bull. I looked at the menu and there are some garlicky shrimp that sound up my ally. A friend mentioned a chopped salad. :idontno:

I WILL be having the creme brulee!:clap_1:
 
sorry this is late, but here goes :

chopped salad, filet with bernaise, au gratin taters, carrot cake to go for dessert. this is one of my fave places to go for special occasions ! yummy !
 
I wonder if jdarg licked her steak plate???? I'll be checking back in the early hours to see the review!!! I had crab cakes tonight...guess where? Now, I am sitting here with the TV stuck on C-SPAN2, where Mr. Kitty had surfed to before falling asleep!
 
Sueshore said:
I wonder if jdarg licked her steak plate???? I'll be checking back in the early hours to see the review!!! I had crab cakes tonight...guess where? Now, I am sitting here with the TV stuck on C-SPAN2, where Mr. Kitty had surfed to before falling asleep!

I am ill. Just got off the phone with Peapod, which kept me distracted through my groaning stomach. I may be over the worst of it. BBQ shrimp (best part of the meal- the bread soaked in the sauce was way YUM!), caesar salad, lamb chops, halibut, steak, fries (kids were with us), and CREME BRULEE!!!!!! Our children were great and lovely company- no nosepicking at the table or anything!:D

BUT- it was an evening of "Jdarg, this is your life!" It is prom season, so lots of prom dates there for dinner. Then, I ran into MY senior prom date, we laughed, yada yada. As we were leaving, ran into my 9th grade prom date. At that point, I hauled a$$ outta there- it was only going downhill. My son probably thinks I dated half of Louisville!:eek:
 
jdarg said:
I am ill. Just got off the phone with Peapod, which kept me distracted through my groaning stomach. I may be over the worst of it. BBQ shrimp (best part of the meal- the bread soaked in the sauce was way YUM!), caesar salad, lamb chops, halibut, steak, fries (kids were with us), and CREME BRULEE!!!!!! Our children were great and lovely company- no nosepicking at the table or anything!:D

BUT- it was an evening of "Jdarg, this is your life!" It is prom season, so lots of prom dates there for dinner. Then, I ran into MY senior prom date, we laughed, yada yada. As we were leaving, ran into my 9th grade prom date. At that point, I hauled a$$ outta there- it was only going downhill. My son probably thinks I dated half of Louisville!:eek:

You little Loose Louisville Lady!!! Were your former prom dates still going to proms?????
 
Sueshore said:
You little Loose Louisville Lady!!! Were your former prom dates still going to proms?????


:floor: :floor: No thank goodness, considering we are all old enough to have kids old enough to go to proms!

Actually, my senior prom date was a good friend, and he married a really cool gal- have always liked the both of them. My 9th grade prom date was a guy I grew up with, and the only boy in school taller than me. We still have lots of blackmail stories about each other. He wore a baby blue tux to prom- I about died, even in the 70's.:blink:
 
jdarg said:
I am ill. Just got off the phone with Peapod, which kept me distracted through my groaning stomach. I may be over the worst of it. BBQ shrimp (best part of the meal- the bread soaked in the sauce was way YUM!), caesar salad, lamb chops, halibut, steak, fries (kids were with us), and CREME BRULEE!!!!!! Our children were great and lovely company- no nosepicking at the table or anything!:D

BUT- it was an evening of "Jdarg, this is your life!" It is prom season, so lots of prom dates there for dinner. Then, I ran into MY senior prom date, we laughed, yada yada. As we were leaving, ran into my 9th grade prom date. At that point, I hauled a$$ outta there- it was only going downhill. My son probably thinks I dated half of Louisville!:eek:

No,No, it could have been worse. I love JB....but his earlier post mentioned that Ruth Cris was a "streak place". Then there was the reference to "when in Rome". I just had these visions of the little dargs sitting by with :eek: on their faces. Meanwhile you and bdarg.......well, you get my drift! :shock:
 
gotothebeachmom said:
No,No, it could have been worse. I love JB....but his earlier post mentioned that Ruth Cris was a "streak place". Then there was the reference to "when in Rome". I just had these visions of the little dargs sitting by with :eek: on their faces. Meanwhile you and bdarg.......well, you get my drift! :shock:

Well, some of the prom dresses were pretty darn close to naked, so I guess it could be a "streak" place! Bdarg and I were not streaking- we were too busy smearing our faces with butter and sauces.

I am giving up for the night- I am "butter drunk" and must lie down....you ladies carry on the funn and post some great reading material for the a.m.!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top