• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Safety on the Bike Path

New posts

deborsk

Beach Lover
Last week a friend of mine was knocked off her bike by a young female biker riding toward her while texting. Needless to say, my friend ended up with abrasions and multiple bruises--not a good thing when you are over 60--or any age for that matter. So beware...or be very vocal when on your bike.. YELL at bikers who are texting.
I for one will not be riding the bike path this summer--too dangerous.
 
And bikers, for your own safety and the safety of walkers, announce your presence when passing a walker with something like "on your left..."
 
Thanks for the safety reminders! I have seen more and more bikers looking at phones and texting while on the bike path in the middle of Seaside, etc. Unbelievable. I don't think I could actually do this if I tried.
 
If your wearing Spandex, you should definitely be on the road! If your riding for time and distance , you should be on the road!

No Lance Armstrongs on the Path!!!!
 
If your wearing Spandex, you should definitely be on the road! If your riding for time and distance , you should be on the road!

No Lance Armstrongs on the Path!!!!

I couldn't agree more! The path is not safe for road bikes at high speed.

We haven't had a good bikes on 30A rumble on the board for a while!
 
Last edited:
image.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top