• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Salaries

New posts
Shallows Nole...here's the issue, for me anyway.

Dede Hinote has tenure..16 years on Stan Sunday and by all accounts (from well respected citizens and county employees) has always been a professional, courteous and efficient employee who does her job well.

Prior to Stan Sunday being hired for the position he currently holds, the Sheriff cut him loose and for good reason. The County created his position based on his educational abilities not necessarily his winning personality (which he completely lacks) or his actual job skills.

The other issue and for me that nails the coffin shut is...The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. It is also illegal to discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
 
Like I said on FB...I do not see what the big deal here is. Maybe because I used to have a similar salary, but people seem to think that local government employees should work for minimum wage. Anyone looked at the cost of housing these days?


I don't think they should work for minimum wage but I don't think one should be paid $26 thousand a year more than his counterpart who does the same job when shes allowed to actually do it.

I also don't know what the price of housing has to do with anything. An employer is NOT obligated to to ensure you have the ability to make a mortgage payment, car payment or pay off any of your debts. That's a personal problem.
 
Some people have a lot on others so their pay equals what they know on other people. Not their knowledge. You notice Sarah is always falling out of her chair to praise him every chance she gets. Keep in mind Sarah does this to put Dede down. Sometimes your underhanded ways catch up with you in the end.
 
I don't think they should work for minimum wage but I don't think one should be paid $26 thousand a year more than his counterpart who does the same job when shes allowed to actually do it.

I also don't know what the price of housing has to do with anything. An employer is NOT obligated to to ensure you have the ability to make a mortgage payment, car payment or pay off any of your debts. That's a personal problem.
No, but you have to have somewhere to live, and it's not cheap ANYWHERE in Walton County anymore.
 
No, but you have to have somewhere to live, and it's not cheap ANYWHERE in Walton County anymore.
And the County has blocked independent builders from bringing affordable housing to Walton County for the last 10 years....but that's another thread.
 
And the County has blocked independent builders from bringing affordable housing to Walton County for the last 10 years....but that's another thread.
Can you link to said “another thread”? I’d like to see the reasoning behind such a belief.
 
You already made some smart remark on that thread.
Oh. I didn’t realize that the posts on that thread were examples of “reasoning”. I’ll have to go back and read the posts through that lens.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top