• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

San Remo in SRB?

New posts

jbucher

Beach Comber
Any comments on San Remo in Santa Rosa....they look nice from the internet but I want the lowdown from you experts out there...also looking at Villas at Santa Rosa and further down at Dunes of Seagrove.
Thanks :clap:
 
Any comments on San Remo in Santa Rosa....they look nice from the internet but I want the lowdown from you experts out there...also looking at Villas at Santa Rosa and further down at Dunes of Seagrove.
Thanks :clap:

I owned a house right next door to San Remo at one point..I personally think, looks-wise, that it is a cross between a 4 story prison and oversized Hampton Inn. Facing the Gulf side they were so cheap they used smallish window that did not even give you a panaoramic of the Gulf?:eek:
 
I know several people that own at San Remo and I've always liked it. They have very pretty views across the pond and dunes over to the gulf. The interiors were very basic when originally purchased from the developer but many of the owners have upgraded in terms of new lighting, paint, crown moulding and fixtures. The pool is nice and their hot tub is huge.
The rentals are very good as well.
 
The property is well maintained and they have pretty dune/gulf views.
I have a place nearby and often walk around the property since I am friends with some owners. If you have children, they will enjoy the turtles in the pond. The beach is also quiet there. San Remo was never supposed to be built because of the pond, and it was to be designated watershed, but it's there, so I make the best of enjoying the natural beauty.
There's an Osprey that hangs around often too. I posted some pics.
Hope this helps.
 
I would vote for Dunes of Seagrove...more isolated beach and I think the units are more spacious than the others...my preference is Building C which looks out over the pool to the dunes.
 
I agree with goodwitch, anything other than San Remo though. The "pond" has a tendancy to smell of sulfer. Also the views are somewhat restricted from inside the units.
 
I lived at San Remo for several months. It is well maintained, spacious, the views are good from any unit (I have been in several) and I have never smelled anything unpleasant. Great pool and hot tub.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top