• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sangria recipe

New posts

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Ok gang, I need a good recipe for Sangria. I found the recipe on SoWal.com for the white wine version, now I need a red wine version.


Anyone?
 
Now I am thirsty for some Sangria!

Chill all of the following the day before:

1.5 Liters Carlo Rossi (or other cheap) Burgundy wine
1.5 Liters Carlo Rossi Sangria wine
2 Liters Squirt (or other Lemon-Lime carbonated soda)

Optional:

1/4 - 1/2 cup cheap Brandy
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar

Pour Burgundy and Sangria into 8 quart or larger stock pot.
If using the sugar, mix first with small amount of hot water, until dissolved, and pour into pot with other wine.

If using Brandy, also add to wine mixture.

Mix all together.

Add any/all of the following diced fruit: (1/2 to 1 piece each)

Peaches
Nectarines
Apples
Pears
Frozen Grapes (red seedless, pulled off of stem, and frozen ahead of time in ziplock baggie). These also function as ice cubes.

2 sliced and quartered Oranges, skin on
1-2 Lemons, quarter, squeeze juice and throw in remaining fruit
1-2 Limes (same as above)

Lastly, pour 2 Liters of cold Squirt into wine and fruit mixture just before serving to keep fizzy.

Serve very cold, in tall glasses.

Enjoy! :drink:
 
Leave it to you SNS! I should have known anyone that makes the best pudding shots ever would have a good Sangria recipe. Thanks.
 
Well, having spent MUCH time in Portugal....I had the opportunity to watch their version of Sangria made up close and personal many, many, many times.....

First they took fruit....oranges, usually, and ground that with sugar in the bottom of a glass until it was mushy....then they filled it up with red wine and a splash of a lemon/lime beverage....

Are we having Sangria? Let's do Mojitos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB says he has a Capt. Jack costume ;)
 
Well, having spent MUCH time in Portugal....I had the opportunity to watch their version of Sangria made up close and personal many, many, many times.....

First they took fruit....oranges, usually, and ground that with sugar in the bottom of a glass until it was mushy....then they filled it up with red wine and a splash of a lemon/lime beverage....

Are we having Sangria? Let's do Mojitos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB says he has a Capt. Jack costume ;)

I have a great pirate wench costume you could wear. ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top