• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Satellite Tv or cable?

New posts
Do you have any options for picking up HD from a normal antenna? I have a condo in Atl and can get about 30 channels for free. Only needed a 20 dollar HD antenna. Picture is better than Direct TV.

In Sowal, you can get NBC, ABC and PBS (and their addons) with a set top HD antenna - CBS is too far away (which they deny, they say they are within range). I think you can get a CW station, also. I have found that you can't get them ALL with the antenna pointing in the same direction, though. They picture is great, when you can get it.

And, they tend to drop in bad weather. I guess the station's transmitters aren't as strong down here.
 
In Sowal, you can get NBC, ABC and PBS (and their addons) with a set top HD antenna - CBS is too far away (which they deny, they say they are within range). I think you can get a CW station, also. I have found that you can't get them ALL with the antenna pointing in the same direction, though. They picture is great, when you can get it.

And, they tend to drop in bad weather. I guess the station's transmitters aren't as strong down here.

So if you get them through cable, but without an antenna, you won't get them in HD, and if you have antenna, they will be in HD? I'm more confused than ever! Currently, with MediacoN, they're not in HD.
 
As in my other post, dropped mediacoN after 1 day, went back to Dish, was not nearly worth the bundle savings.
If you are aimed nearest 100% with your dish, even bad weather will not be as much as an issue with your signal. When your signal is bad with dish (very rare) it's not dish's fault, it would be a bad storm or your dish not mounted and aimed by a seasoned pro, this is a fact.
I will never have cable tv again.
 
So if you get them through cable, but without an antenna, you won't get them in HD, and if you have antenna, they will be in HD? I'm more confused than ever! Currently, with MediacoN, they're not in HD.

If you have MediaCon, you get the networks in HD without paying for the HD package IF the cable is going straight into the TV (oddly enough, if you have their "digital receiver", you don't get the HD channels).

The antenna has nothing to do with the cable, it's a different input to your TV. You're getting those channels over the air.
 
DirecTV is about to add locals.
details, please? we have directv up north and love it. the problem here is that they do not offer ALL networks, and we like some shows on each. as soon as they are all available here, we will make a switch for sure. btw, we thought it was odd that between dish and directv, all of the networks are offered - but neither offers all of them.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top