• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Saving Grayton Beach

New posts
I will see GRAYTON with different eyes! I just moved here and I am hungry for knowledge ,to learn more.......Thank you
 



All of the Locals and tourists can see what it took, from the hard working people with a vision of the future... for the rest of us to enjoy.... KUDOS.. to ALL... that had a hand in preserving "THe Most Beautiful Beaches"... I am in awe.....:clap: I do TOO enjoy ALL the history of Walton County... as it has been my home for years... I have only lived in 2 other places, FWB and PCB... so I was not actually very FAR away......
 
Last edited:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I own a lot in Grayton Beach and would not want to be anywhere else! What an incredible place!!!!!
 

Let's hope that working with the Planning Board and the County Commissioners that we can redirect the proposed Residential to Commercial lots on Defuniak from becoming a reality. Grayton has already lost a lot of its village charm to too many commercial ventures cashing in on our beaches and our unique community, Sometimes I feel, that we are looked at as a cash cow, and our commercial neighbors don't really care about our neighborhood. We don't need any more encroaching commercial ventures starting up within our already established residential surrounding neighborhood. We have enough real estate offices and restaurants and the traffic and parking issues that come with them. Defuniak needs to remain residential from Pine Street down to Hotz. Not all "new" changes are good ones! Thank heaven we had Beach Mama and others who fought for Grayton Beach, or no telling what our beloved Grayton would look like now.
 
Loved seeing the pictures! Beachmama looked like a beautiful and vibrant, happy woman. Grayton Beach was lucky to have her. On behalf of myself, my children, and someday grandchildren.... Thank you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top