• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Say it aint so, Brad...

New posts

Panhandler

Beach Lover
From the TDC today...


BRAD PICKEL RESIGNS FROM THE WALTON COUNTY TDC
February 14, 2007
Tracy Louthain
Beaches of South Walton Tourist Development Council
Director of Public Relations & Visitor Services

After seven years with the Walton County Tourist Development Council Brad Pickel resigns as the director of beach management. Pickel?s last day at the TDC will be March 31.
?Brad joined the TDC right out of graduate school and it has been extremely rewarding to watch him grow with our organization over the years,? said Kriss Titus, executive director of the Walton County TDC. ?His knowledge and expertise in working with Walton County?s beaches is invaluable, and we are delighted that he will continue to work on our behalf as one of our premier consultants.?
Throughout his tenure, Pickel has served in a variety of roles leading Walton County?s beach management efforts. These efforts included the development of the Western Walton County Beach Restoration Project from feasibility study through completion this past January. In addition to beach restoration projects, Pickel oversaw the TDC?s beach improvement activities, including the day-to-day cleaning of the beach as well as beach and bay access development and maintenance. Pickel directed the rebuilding of over 40 dune walkovers twice in three years after they were damaged by hurricanes Ivan and Dennis.
?I cannot begin to adequately express the feelings that I have for all of my co-workers and colleagues at the TDC and Walton County. We are a close knit family and I am very proud to have been a part of the team,? said Brad Pickel. ?The relationships that have been formed while working on the beach management program are ones that I will treasure forever, and I am extremely appreciative of the chance that was taken on me as a young professional fresh out of graduate school.?
The TDC is currently negotiating Pickel?s involvement in beach restoration and management services for future projects, including the Phase II Beach Restoration for the 30A corridor. Pickel?s experience with the Western Walton County Beach Restoration Project make him the top choice to lead the Phase II project as it moves through the design, permitting and construction phases. Additionally, the TDC may request that Pickel continue to serve as the TDC?s coastal scientist on federal shore protection efforts, post storm recovery, and other beach related issues for the TDC. Beach maintenance programs will continue to be directed by Dave Sell, the TDC?s beach maintenance manager.
?Brad has been an incredible asset to our team,? said Titus. ?We wish him much success as he moves on to the next phase of his life and career.?
 
Good luck to a great guy, and thanks for taking care of the beaches we love the most!:clap_1: :wub:
 
I didn't read closely, but please tell me Brad is staying in the area!!!! I am thankful for Brad's service and hope he stays around!!! :clap_1:
 
awwwwww...thanks for your service Brad!!!
 
Thank you all and yes, we are working to make it so that I will stay in charge of beach restoartion and management activities for the TDC as a consultant. I will not be handling the day-to-day maintenance (beach cleaning) or beach accesses but will still help in many other ways. As for staying in the area, no we are moving to South Carolina but I will be coming back here for work one week a month.

As a side note, it is all SJ and Jdarg's fault because they sold and bought our house;-) Actually, I am eternally grateful to both of them!!:biggrin:

Brad
 
Thank you all and yes, we are working to make it so that I will stay in charge of beach restoartion and management activities for the TDC as a consultant. I will not be handling the day-to-day maintenance (beach cleaning) or beach accesses but will still help in many other ways. As for staying in the area, no we are moving to South Carolina but I will be coming back here for work one week a month.

As a side note, it is all SJ and Jdarg's fault because they sold and bought our house;-) Actually, I am eternally grateful to both of them!!:biggrin:

Brad


I have some bad news for ya Brad. I won't be able to deliver your wayward mail anymore.:funn: :lol:
 
They've got that pesky state income tax up there Brad. It's also harder to see what you're stepping on in the water.
 
If you're going to Charleston, it does not matter!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Brad,
We will all miss you but most of all the beach will miss you :( . Good luck and remember everyone comes back!!! It's like Hotel California, "You can check out anytime you like but you may never leave."
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top