Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.
Hello Walton County Public works. Please check out the Deer Lake bridge. These photos are on southeast corner of bridge from yesterday. Maye take a look at all bridges?
I thought they (DOT maybe?) determined that all 30A bridges were in serious need of repair/replacement some years ago. Just my opinion but 30A is one of the worst roads in Sowal... I think it would be wise of the TDC to appropriate some funds to have the entire 17 miles repaved and the bridges rebuilt since it is the road they make so much $$ off of.
The new Draper Lake bridge was closed recently for "maintenance".
I rode by it the other day to check it out. I'm no expert, but it looks
like it has bad erosion issues and was not engineered properly. It
appeared that sand around a portion of the east end foundation had
washed out and they were adding more concrete. Silt fences are staked
under the bridge and much of the area around it looks eroded. I'll
try to get some pictures.
The new Draper Lake bridge was closed recently for "maintenance".
I rode by it the other day to check it out. I'm no expert, but it looks
like it has bad erosion issues and was not engineered properly. It
appeared that sand around a portion of the east end foundation had
washed out and they were adding more concrete. Silt fences are staked
under the bridge and much of the area around it looks eroded. I'll
try to get some pictures.
I saw them adding boulders. Not sure if it was part of the original plan or not. If I owned a business on 30A I would demand proper maintenance and inspections. Businesses can't afford to have traffic interrupted by detours.