• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Scenic Gulf Drive

New posts
Don't forget the County attorney's opinion after the 4:40 presentation unless they decide to merge them into one. It's listed as Phase 3 Beautification Project..
 
Don't forget the County attorney's opinion after the 4:40 presentation unless they decide to merge them into one. It's listed as Phase 3 Beautification Project..

Thanks- I missed that one. Wish they would be a little more detailed on the agenda!
 
Thanks- I missed that one. Wish they would be a little more detailed on the agenda!

Why do that? Then the groupies that go to EVERY meeting would have a harder time finding a seat when you "special eventers" come :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Why do that? Then the groupies that go to EVERY meeting would have a harder time finding a seat when you "special eventers" come :biggrin:
:floor:

Just noticed the thread title. That drive, long ago, stopped being scenic, and even more so in the last three years when townhomes were built, blocking most of the beautiful water and beaches, as well as putting those homes at higher risk for damage from storms.
 
The mind boggles that anyone is allowed to build or rebuild south of Scenie 98 anymore after how bad it was for those kinds of structures after Ivan and Dennis, and how vulnerable the area still is even after renourishment. Talk about an area that should not be insured by federal flood insurance.
 
Why do that? Then the groupies that go to EVERY meeting would have a harder time finding a seat when you "special eventers" come :biggrin:


How many meetings do I attend to attain "groupie" status? I rather like being a "special eventer".
 
How many meetings do I attend to attain "groupie" status? I rather like being a "special eventer".

I don't know what the current membership requirement is. You would have to go to Defuniak at least twice, maybe more; and sit through at least one Countywide Paving Plan presentation. As an alternative, you may have to just go to a budget hearing and there's one coming up soon if you're ready for it!! :rolling:
 
I don't know what the current membership requirement is. You would have to go to Defuniak at least twice, maybe more; and sit through at least one Countywide Paving Plan presentation. As an alternative, you may have to just go to a budget hearing and there's one coming up soon if you're ready for it!! :rolling:

Think I will keep the "special eventer" status.:shock: I like excitement- like lots of people in green t-shirts and such. Makes for a good time.:lol:
 
Same meeting, different question-- does anybody know what is meant by "de-obligation of park funds", which is listed under Cindy Meadows agenda?:idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top