• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

School Board Referendum

New posts
Anyone else notice that Misty did not challenge one word I wrote when I wrote about "also true"? I don't think it is because of lack of ability to intellectually engage. I think it is because there is no intellectually honest response. The NO crowd's message is...." We elect jackasses to serve on the school board. Since voted for them, but can't trust them, we want to make sure we get the same opportunity to vote for as many other jackasses for as many county offices as possible. Don't take away our right to elect jackasses, the more jackasses we elect, the more jackasses we can blame for Walton County failures."
 
Let's see which "jackasses" (your words) support this referendum.

The candidates currently running don't all support it...just ask Mr. Glidewell.
 
Is he one of the "jackasses" to which you refer?
 
Once again you miss the point or choose to ignore it, Misty. While I would like every candidate to support YES, that is irrelevant. If the referendum passes, those elected are obligated to follow the law. If it does pass, I suspect that our elected officials will make speeches about how they respect the views of the voters, this was their position all along, blah blah. I don't know Glidewell, not sure yet who the right person is, but I respect that he at least states his position clearly. I will not criticize him, even though I disagree on this issue, he deserves respect for standing up and stating his view.
 
To be fair I gave Campanella a pretty good beating on here as well. We've since kissed and made up. Although we still have differences on some issues we agree that the superintendent position should be appointed.
 
Let's see which "jackasses" (your words) support this referendum.

The candidates currently running don't all support it...just ask Mr. Glidewell.

And why do we care about Mr. Glidewell's opinion on the school superintendent referendum? Last time I checked, the county commissioners don't have any say in school district matters, other than to put referendums on the ballot ;).
 
It is not a matter of laughing after the 26th, it is a matter of whether or not the kids receive all they deserve in Walton County. Education is not a joking matter or one that should be resolved by political power. I won't comment on what might be said after the election now. And either way, after the 26th there will be no laughter.
 
Sample ballots are online.

I would love to hear input on school board candidates. I know little if anything about any of them. This is the problem with electing a superintendent. The general public has to really do their homework to know what they are voting for - many aren't willing to do this. It's a risky thing to elect a superintendent when people don't know anything about the candidates except what they may have seen in an ad, or gossip they've heard.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top