• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Scooter Advice

New posts

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Hey All,

Im in the market for a scooter. Something at 49cc and Im considering used.
Now my question is this. If I weanted to buy locally does anyone have any suggestions? Id like to think that if I do buy one locally and its from one of these scooter rental shops that they would have a warranty of some sort?

Any feed back would be appreciate!
 
Phooey, thought I had my own thread ala Ann Landers for a minute. ;-)

I would be cautious about buying one from a rental shop. Typically their items get some severe abuse! IMO if the scooter was still in good working order they'd still be renting it out for $, not selling it.
 
Hey All,

Im in the market for a scooter. Something at 49cc and Im considering used.
Now my question is this. If I weanted to buy locally does anyone have any suggestions? Id like to think that if I do buy one locally and its from one of these scooter rental shops that they would have a warranty of some sort?

Any feed back would be appreciate!


Crazy Carls Scooters and Go-Karts. 1 Mile north of DeFuniak Springs. The guy that owns the place is literally nuts, but he does service what he sells.

Also about two miles north of DeFuniak Springs, both of these places are on State Highway 83, is Sonny's Tires, Used Cars, and Scooters. He also has a really good product and provides service.
 
If you are going to ride it a lot, be sure to get one that you know you can get serviced. Pepboys sells tons of small bikes and 4 wheelers, but nobody will work on them because they have no-name motors and parts. Stick to small Hondas, Suzukis, and Yamahas, and you can't go wrong. They may be more expensive, but at least they will be repairable if something happens to them...
 
Phooey, thought I had my own thread ala Ann Landers for a minute. ;-)

:lolabove: That's what I thought this thread was too! Maybe you should start one.
 
The scooter rental shops in PCB sell the "old" stock to make room for newer stuff. The "older" stuff is just not as flashy and popular and is actually very well maintained.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top