• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seacrest Beach - Arlene damage?

New posts
I just checked with our association president and he said our beach walk over at Seacrest (not the Seacrest beach development resort) did just fine. That's good because we just had it built after Ivan last November!
 
How's the water look today?
 
The water is a little rough and muddy near shore, and most of the lakes are open.


Beaches are open but water is "closed" for swimming.
 
Thanks for the info Kurt. Can't wait for Saturday! It is going to be a VERY unproductive work week for me this week. I'm a little distracted.
 
Paula said:
I just checked with our association president and he said our beach walk over at Seacrest...did just fine.

Paula-
Do you mean the Gulfview Estates/Cottages at Camp Creek walkover? (If so, that's my access as well, and that's great news.)

By the way, just want to say how much i always look forward to and appreciate your informative posts. And everyone else who makes it fun, funny and educational. I learn something new just about every time.

This should be an interesting year, weather wise. This forum is irreplaceable.
 
Hey Kurt.... I have looked at all the photos, great job as usual!!! but I was wondering how seagrove looks? in the San Juan beach access area? our gang is headed down in 12 days and I just want to know what to expect. Thanks so much for all of your great info :clap_1: I love this site :wub:
 
Landlocked said:
Thanks for the info Kurt. Can't wait for Saturday! It is going to be a VERY unproductive work week for me this week. I'm a little distracted.
Hey landlocked...are you headed down on saturday?? if so please post some pictures so we can see whats going on, we will be there shortly after you. Thanks :biggrin:
 
seagrovelover said:
Hey Kurt.... I have looked at all the photos, great job as usual!!! but I was wondering how seagrove looks? in the San Juan beach access area? our gang is headed down in 12 days and I just want to know what to expect. Thanks so much for all of your great info :clap_1: I love this site :wub:

Thanks! :oops:

The closest I was to San Juan was Palms of Seagrove - a lot of the sand aginst the dunes was washed away. I'll check it out.
 
katmoo said:
Paula-
Do you mean the Gulfview Estates/Cottages at Camp Creek walkover? (If so, that's my access as well, and that's great news.)

By the way, just want to say how much i always look forward to and appreciate your informative posts. And everyone else who makes it fun, funny and educational. I learn something new just about every time.

This should be an interesting year, weather wise. This forum is irreplaceable.

Thanks for your kind words, Katmoo. The access I'm talking about is the one that the Cottages at Camp Creek uses which I think is shared with GulfView and some other areas. Our association president said this morning that the access is fine and all is well. The beach, as can see from the photo of the beach in front of Blue Tide that was posted on this forum somewhere, has some of the front of the dunes missing and some black peat "rocks" (though the beach in front of the peat area and near the water looks fine), but I think we're just going to have to get used to that and assume that the changes in the beach landscape are normal rather than abnormal -- otherwise we'd be worried all the time. As long as the beach is there in one form or another, I'll be happy.
 
Seagrovelover-

I'll certainly post some pics. We'll be in the Dune Allen area right on Stallworth Lake. I haven't heard much on the condition of that area so it will be nice to see what happened down there.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top