• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seacrest Monterey

New posts

Destiny

Beach Lover
Does anyone have info on Monterey Condo in Seacrest Beach? We have traveled to the PCB area 3-4 times yearly for over 30 years and have stayed at teh Edgewatr and Long Beach properties the last few years. Would love to find out more about Seacrest Beach Monterey. We liked the look of the area and the clean atmosphere when we have visited the area the past 2 years. We also like the location.
 
Last edited:
401827.JPG



378301_223508.jpg



401827_1.JPG


401761_135851.jpg


I think the units are around 1700 sf and if I remember correctly, they are all 3 bed/ 3 ba.
 
Look At Katie Blue's photos on another thread (photos of Seacrest Beach area) for views of the beach. Monterey shares that beach area.
 
We stayed nearby in house in Sept. The beach itself wasn't bad but the cliffs took away your breath.....hard to believe the damage. It still was pretty to look at just another type of beauty. As for the area, we love it....very tranquil and empty. Quite a hike down to the beach, it was 45 steps....and yes, our house was beachfront....part of the yard had fallen off below. You have to drive pretty much for food etc, but we do not mind. If you want an area not fooded with people, you will be happy. If you need more stuff...go west or east a bit. Rosemary Beach is about 2 miles east. Let me know what you think if you decide to go.
 
Thanks for the responses for info.
My parents took us for weekends in PCB and a couple weeks in the summers since early 1960s. I have continued that for more than 30 years. We have watched 30-A grow and love the area. We were to stay at Monterey right after Ivan the terrible came through and had to change our plans back to PCB. Long Beach knows us well and works hard to keep our business.
I am interested in houses on the beach also. My joy in life is watching and hearing the surf. This requires direct beach access and ability to sit on porch or deck day or night. We also are a little bit toward neat freaks and accomodations have to be very clean.
I will check out Katie Blues.
 
As for places to go that are very close, Fonville Press, the coffee shop at Alys beach is VERY nice and has wireless access if you have a laptop. It is a little over half a mile from Monterey. There's a lot of construction around the coffee shop since they're building Alys beach, so I like to go early in the morning (though there may be construction then, too). I think it opens around 7:30 AM and is a nice walk. Villages of South Walton about 1 - 1.5 miles away toward Rosemary has little shops and a nice deli and carvel ice cream place. We go there regularly. The desserts are wonderful and you can sit inside or outside. Then Rosemary Beach is about 2 miles away. And we LOVE Shades by the Loop right past Rosemary Beach on the right. Very good food (excellent oyster po'boy) and reasonable prices. It has an upscale sports bar atmosphere and has wireless as well (doesn't open until around 11:00 AM I think and stays open late at night). I think we're going to see many nice new places on that part of town but much of the Seacrest area (e.g., near Monterey) will stay pretty peaceful because I don't think the restaurants, etc., will be right in that area). Seagrove is about 4 miles away to the west and we like Old Florida Fish House (with adults-expensive) and Angelinas (relatively inexpensive and good for families with kids -- we like to get take out from there and just eat it on our porch -- seafood linguini is very good).
 
Last edited:
We love peaceful!!
That is what attracted us to 30-A years ago. I can remember when Seaside Market was the most excitement in the area. I loved going for sandals, skirts and shirts.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top