• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seagrove Highlands

New posts

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Anyone see the ad in the WSJ for the absolute auction of 10 units in Seagrove Highlands on March 17? I'll take a stab and guess that the 1 BR units will go for $150k or so and the 2 BR units will fetch in the neighborhood of $250k or about 40% lower than the lowest current listings on the MLS.

It will be interesting to see how many other developers with unsold units (Redfish, Santuary, etc) will go the auction route over the next 12 months.
 
Anyone see the ad in the WSJ for the absolute auction of 10 units in Seagrove Highlands on March 17? I'll take a stab and guess that the 1 BR units will go for $150k or so and the 2 BR units will fetch in the neighborhood of $250k or about 40% lower than the lowest current listings on the MLS.

It will be interesting to see how many other developers with unsold units (Redfish, Santuary, etc) will go the auction route over the next 12 months.

do you know the name of the auction house?
 
Actually, there are just 4 one-bedroom condos (which have been closed on by purchasers) in the community. The auction consists of two-bedroom
and three-bedroom units...no one-bedroom. Anyone out there with auction knowledge want to give a guess at how much they'll go for?
 
Actually, there are just 4 one-bedroom condos (which have been closed on by purchasers) in the community. The auction consists of two-bedroom
and three-bedroom units...no one-bedroom. Anyone out there with auction knowledge want to give a guess at how much they'll go for?

From what I have seen at auctions that they will go to the highest bidder. :floor:
 
Actually, there are just 4 one-bedroom condos (which have been closed on by purchasers) in the community. The auction consists of two-bedroom
and three-bedroom units...no one-bedroom. Anyone out there with auction knowledge want to give a guess at how much they'll go for?

I have no special insight, but I'll register a guess ...

I went to realtor.com and saw that there were 22 3-bedroom units listed for sale, with a range in price from $425K to $719.9K, with a median price of $589.9K. That's quite a range ... I assume all 3 bedroom units are pretty much the same?

I would expect that at absolute auction for condos you would see sales at around 50 cents on the dollar. So to get a range I took 50% of the low list price ($425) and the median price ($589.9K). That works out to $212.5K and $294.9K, respectively.

I'll go with that range ... $212K to $295K ... assuming that at least 7 people show up that want a 3 bedroom condo 1/2 mile from the beach.

Anybody know what they sold for at the market peak? How about when and how much the last sale was? ... I guess I should have asked these questions before my guess ...
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top