• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seagrove Villas

New posts

MRBS

Beach Lover
Spent another wonderful week at Seagrove Villas and Motel. Have already waxed poetic-like about this place. Makes me sad. Any news on the zoning change pending OR on the attached to come? Can I be hopeful? Thanks
 
Is it still for sale? I have stayed there x 3 and it is a gem. One of my best memories of 30A was there. Love it. I have not followed things since April but I thought it was going to be torn down a few years ago for the beach club for something or other, then it was shut down, then purchased and upgraded for a motel/villas and then for sale? Who owns it? Thanks for any info.
 
Spent another wonderful week at Seagrove Villas and Motel. Have already waxed poetic-like about this place. Makes me sad. Any news on the zoning change pending OR on the attached to come? Can I be hopeful? Thanks

The proposed change in the land use classification (from Estate Residential to Neighborhood Commercial) for the Seagrove Villas property is going to be considered by the county commission on Sept. 28. According to a county staff report, the change would make the existing use conforming. Neighborhood Commercial is a new land use category that will be finalized in conjunction with the set of amendments that includes the one for Seagrove Villas. I understand that the latest version of the category that is being proposed would allow offices, professional services, storefront retail shoping, neighborhood grocery stores, banks, bakeries, cafes, restaurants without drive-thrus, and bed and breakfasts not to exceed 10 rooms.
 
Is it still for sale? I have stayed there x 3 and it is a gem. One of my best memories of 30A was there. Love it. I have not followed things since April but I thought it was going to be torn down a few years ago for the beach club for something or other, then it was shut down, then purchased and upgraded for a motel/villas and then for sale? Who owns it? Thanks for any info.

Seagrove at the Beach LLC appears to own it but I don't know the status of that company. That company was affiliated with NatureWalk north of Publix, which did not succeed. The Villas property, a motel since the 1950s located on gawgeous residential property, was to be razed for the Beach Club for the NatureWalk development. There's a lengthy thread on here about all that.

I believe that SPCP LLC (assignee of the lender) will own the Villas property if it bids highest at the FC sale. Last I knew the asking price was $9.9MM. It is still marketed for sale!!
 
The proposed change in the land use classification (from Estate Residential to Neighborhood Commercial) for the Seagrove Villas property is going to be considered by the county commission on Sept. 28. According to a county staff report, the change would make the existing use conforming. Neighborhood Commercial is a new land use category that will be finalized in conjunction with the set of amendments that includes the one for Seagrove Villas. I understand that the latest version of the category that is being proposed would allow offices, professional services, storefront retail shoping, neighborhood grocery stores, banks, bakeries, cafes, restaurants without drive-thrus, and bed and breakfasts not to exceed 10 rooms.

Thanks. Does conforming allow redo, teardown?
 
On Sept. 28 the county commissioners voted in favor of the change in land use classification on the Seagrove Villas property, from Residential Preservation to Neighborhood Commercial. The change is not final but will go as part of a package of comp plan revisions to the state Department of Community Affairs. The set of revisions will be coming back with any recommendations from DCA and the commissioners will have to vote on it again. When/if the land use classification change is finalized, any redevelopment of the property would be required to follow allowable uses for Neighborhood Commercial.
 
Last edited:
According to public record, a foreclosure auction was scheduled for Oct. 1st on this property but it was canceled. But they looked very crowded the past couple of days on my way by to Seaside.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top