• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seagrove--will seawalls help?

New posts

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
I'm sure many have seen these aerial photos of before & after (Ivan and Dennis) of Seagrove. But with all the seawall talk, maybe some memories need to be refreshed. Keep in mind that these hurricanes happened over 100 miles away--SoWal got the "fringe."

Looking at these shots I find it hard to believe that any of these walls will hold up against the fury of nature--regardless of what the "Seawall Salesmen" say.

HURRICANE IMPACT STUDIES - SEAGROVE
 
When our County's Commisioner Company puts them in no doubt look for more of them. Do they gotta stop all work on all these diasters on May 1 so maybe, by chance, turtles might be able to nest. Unless the dredger to the west gets them all first.
 
I don't think any structure I've seen in SoWal can survive serious, sustained wave action. But some may prevent destruction from minor events like thunderstorms and squalls, and tropical storms that hit Mississippi or Appalachicola.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top