• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seaweed-don't miss it!

New posts
My mom is in Seagrove and is asking me to post about the seaweed--or what ever is in the water right now.

What causes this and how long does it typically last? They said it was clear on Monday but yesterday and today it is gross. From past experience I told her it would come and go, but I have no idea what brings it in or takes it out.

Do you know how far down the beach it goes?

Here's an article: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/grass_8742___article.html/water_days.html

.
 
Word on the street is that complaints are rolling about why isn't it being removed so Channel 7 is heading out to do TV interviews. Hopefully, the information is well received. :biggrin:

When it starts to dry it attracts flies too!!! But our beach needs it...let nature take care of it.

Nasty, nasty stuff but it's all part of the ecosystem of our beach.


Mother nature is just so danged inconvenient.:roll::lol:
 
The real green menace is located at the Blue Mountain Villas...it's a green tent city. :bang:

http://ajs01.dyndns.org/top.htm

Mimi is in Seagrove this week, and I finally figured out what all the tents remind me of---

A flea market, or a gigantic neighborhood yard sale!

BTW- a beach goer told a tent owner that he needed to remove his tent every night, or it would be removed for him. His reply? "I don't care. This thing only cost me $50! Let'em have it!"

What a class act.:angry:
 
So I am confused--is the green slime in the water what becomes the brown dry weeds on the shore? I thought june grass was the brown stuff, but are you saying the green slime in the water is june grass also
 
June grass is the fine, slimy green stuff that somehow winds up in your bathing suit. The brown, scratchy stuff is something else.
 
Mimi is in Seagrove this week, and I finally figured out what all the tents remind me of---

A flea market, or a gigantic neighborhood yard sale!

BTW- a beach goer told a tent owner that he needed to remove his tent every night, or it would be removed for him. His reply? "I don't care. This thing only cost me $50! Let'em have it!"

What a class act.:angry:

I've mentioned this before, but I do need a tent if I'm going to have people baking in my front yard in July. Reckon I could score a free one? :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top