• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Second Homes.....NY Times

New posts

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Great article in todays New York Times discussing the second home market and vacation homes in general. They mention Port St. Joe and my own second hometown of Sedona, AZ. www.nytimes.com click on the TRAVEL heading then click on Escapes. Story is headlined WATER WATER ANYWHERE. It paints an optimistic future. The New York Times is the greatest newspaper in the country, imho. I am a New Yorker by birth and I lived in the Hudson Valley my entire adult life, so please indulge me. ;-) Enjoy the article.
 
SHELLY said:
Agree. (There's not many places it doesn't mention.)



BTW: You're absolutely spot-on when it comes to Sedona--it IS beautiful!


SHELLY, you said something positive :clap_1: , although it wasn't about NW Florida :idontno: . Considering a move to Sedona? I hear there are no hurricanes in Arizona. :cool:
 
I wish we did have hurricanes !! At this point I would settle for a light drizzle. It has been a very dry winter in Arizona. Phoenix did not have any rain for 140 days. Each area of America has its own issues, but I love Walton County. The arid desert for 6 months and the subtropics for 6 months. Who could ask for anything better.
 
Nice article. Thanks for the link. As far as the New York Times goes, that is a great paper. It's really frustrating to read it though, especially on Sunday. There is so much information and so many well writtten stories it is impossible to get through much more than the first section. It always pains me to throw away all that unread news.
 
goofer44 said:
I wish we did have hurricanes !! At this point I would settle for a light drizzle. It has been a very dry winter in Arizona.

Ditto in Florida...we've been dry as a bone so far this year. Big wildfire yesterday shut down the I-10 out west for a while.
 
There was a favorable front page article in USA Today about the second home market. Nothing profound or insightful in the article, just a rehash of what the engines are that are driving the demand for second homes.
 
Seasider said:
I am a past subscriber. NYT is a rag. Entertainment value only.
You think?
 
Seasider must have the ny times confused with the ny post which truly is a rag. the ny times is called the paper of record for a good reason, it is the finest newspaper in the country. if you read the times everyday, you would be not only well informed but also well educated. each day the times has a special section from the science times to the fabulous friday weekend and travel section. maybe seasider doesn't like the editorial page but the op eds are always interesting.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top