• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seeing more bald eagles on 30A

New posts

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
I saw two bald eagles today up near Windswept Dunes east of Freeport. I would not have even seen them had I not heard them first; that distinctive eagle call. I would post a "photo" but I took it with my phone and you can't really tell.

I have also seen them on Okaloosa Island near the Coast Guard station. If you have not seen one before, it is an amazing experience.

Question: are you seeing them more frequently in and around SoWal?
 
Saw one recently fly in front of me about 20 feet from my screen porch. I heard him screech first.
 
Most mornings, 6-7:am, a bald eagle flies down Seacrest Beach, and you just have to salute this big beautiful bird.
 
Saw one recently fly in front of me about 20 feet from my screen porch. I heard him screech first.
That is awesome.

About a month ago, I was going West over the Destin Bridge. One a signpost near the peak of the bridge, a bald eagle was perched on there looking out toward Crab Island. It was huge.
 
Saw another one going North on the 331 bridge (while I was at the apex of the bridge) on Saturday. He was about 100 feet high.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top