• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seeking a good, local mechanic

New posts

anthony1995

Beach Lover
Hi all,

Since moving here from Alabama, I had to give up my wonderful mechanic. Does anyone have an suggestions on a mechanic in the area? I'm in Sandestin. I'd prefer to not go with a big, brand name franchise and stick with the local mom and pop shop. But, after saything that, I also don't want for them to have the car for weeks or charge an arm and a leg. I have a domestic and an import. 2000 Dodge Stratus and a 2003 Infiniti G35. I have a set of brake pads for the Infiniti but don't have time to do it myself. Gotta get that done!! Thanks.

Anthony
 
I just had Al's on Airport Rd put in a motor for my celica. Good work, reasonable price. 837-6505
I've also heard that Scotty's on 331 is good, but don't have personal experience with them. Others on this board highly recommend them. 835-4866

You can also search threads for mechanics and probably get some more suggestions.

:welcome:
 
Thanks!

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions on a mechanic. I'll call a couple of them up. I'm leaning toward Scotty's. As for the comment on buying a new car every 2 years, no way no how! My wife and I finally became debt free earlier this year with the help of Dave Ramsey's advice. If we bought a new car every 2 years, it'd put us back in debt. I've been there and I didn't like it! I just can't make myself pay $300-600 a month for a car again when I can put $300 into a paid for one every 4 months for repairs and bank the rest plus interest that I would have paid!

Anyway, didn't mean to get on the debt rant! Thanks for all the suggestions!

Anthony
​
 
Henry at Henry's Imports in PC Beach--front beach road...is the best!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top