• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Self Publishing

New posts

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
I am in the process of writing a small book that I would like to have edited and published, but I have no idea how to go about making this happen. Does anyone have expertise in this area? Or a direction?
 
Hi!

I've self-published a non-fiction book, and am writing several others. What is your project, and would you like a quote?
 
There are several options available to you. One option is to start with a digital publication on kindle by Amazon. [ame]http://dtp.amazon.com/mn/signin[/ame]
This allows you to start selling digital books fairly quickly. There are also options available through B & N book stores that are POD "Print on Demand" but this can get expensive fast.

If you are planning on self publishing and absorbing the cost, there are literally many avenues to take from printing in the U.S to Hong Kong, Australia, etc. Each has benefits with HK being the leader.

Book printers will gladly send you samples and quotes upon request.

Good luck!
 
I am in the process of writing a small book that I would like to have edited and published, but I have no idea how to go about making this happen. Does anyone have expertise in this area? Or a direction?

No expertise in this area but based on all the wonderful recipes you've posted on this web site I was hoping that you were working on a cookbook :D
 
My website, www.MyspaceHerspace.com under Explore this Site and then "So you want to become an AUthor" there is some good information about the POD model of publishing.

LightningSource.com is a printer I used to publish my book, 'My Space Her Space', which is made available on Amazon, bn.com and avialble in bookstores, including Sundog books, through them and Ingram Book Group.

Another source I'd check out is one Amazon.com is beginning. It may be your best bet. It is a new deal but from what I see in looking into it, it looks like a good deal. Right off the bat, I forget the name associated with it, but I'm sure you can find out by either googling it or checking on their site. It looks like the profit margins will be better and being so closely aligned with Amazon can not be a bad thing.

Good luck with everything and remember, follow your own advice and your own dreams.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top