• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sellers Sing the Blues

New posts
blah...blah..blah...pessimism...blah...blah...blah

Don't confuse pessimism with REALISM. The facts indicate that the market is in the toilet and will continue to be in the toilet for quite some time. Nothing on the horizon indicates that the market will firm up or show gains for the forseeable future.
 
Don't confuse pessimism with REALISM. The facts indicate that the market is in the toilet and will continue to be in the toilet for quite some time. Nothing on the horizon indicates that the market will firm up or show gains for the forseeable future.
I guess that all depends on when you bought. ;-)
 
And when/if you need/want to sell.

Put me down for 1997 and looking out beyond 2011 at the earliest.
"Well I'll be a opposum on a Gum Bush. You mean you could actually sell your property today at a really cheap price and still make money? I don't get it. I thought the market is, and will be, in the toilet."
 
:floor:
"Well I'll be a opposum on a Gum Bush. You mean you could actually sell your property today at a really cheap price and still make money? I don't get it. I thought the market is, and will be, in the toilet."
 
I just sold my house in sowal and am not singing the blues!!:cool:
 
I guess that all depends on when you bought. ;-)


I wasn't talking about profits or losses for particular sellers. I was talking about the market in general. It is in the toilet. Huge inventory levels, falling prices, rising insurance rates, higher taxes, hurricane fears, and other factors have undeniably put this and many (most) other coastal markets into the toilet.
 
"Well I'll be a opposum on a Gum Bush. You mean you could actually sell your property today at a really cheap price and still make money? I don't get it. I thought the market is, and will be, in the toilet."

So then it's safe to assume that you haven't found any deals for your $50-Million-Dollar-Man who is "interested in only blood, and those that are bleeding?" :idontno:
 
"Well I'll be a opposum on a Gum Bush. You mean you could actually sell your property today at a really cheap price and still make money? I don't get it. I thought the market is, and will be, in the toilet."

I could make a lot of money. I could have made more money last year. I could have made less in 2003, but more than in 2002.

Bottom line, it certainly feels good when prices are soaring, but for anyone living in their property, using it, and not thinking of selling, it doesn't really matter at this time.

Caveat: It would matter if you are getting crushed by your mortgage or insurance or taxes and due to that, now NEED to sell even if you don't want to.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top