• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Separation Church And State

New posts
So exactly what is she recognizing the Church for?


Ya got me on that one Bob Wells because I don't know of a damn thing that church has done for anyone outside their sect....certainly not anything for a needy family in Walton County, or a homeless vet/person or someone in crisis.
 
Ya got me on that one Bob Wells because I don't know of a damn thing that church has done for anyone outside their sect....certainly not anything for a needy family in Walton County, or a homeless vet/person or someone in crisis.
So you know for a fact they have not helped anyone outside of their church? Or because they may not advertise their works you don't know?
 
@Wouldnt You Like To Know Since the issue seems to be such a thorn in your side, I thought I'd share this with you.

nipper.jpg


MOSSY HEAD, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - For one local county commissioner, serving her county isn't the only way she gives back.

District 3 Walton County Commissioner, Melanie Nipper just recently returned from a two-month hiatus overseas as an Army reservist.

"When I go overseas and I see other countries and we work with other countries, making a difference, the comradery of the other countries when we're trying to bring Democracy. I've been in Bosnia, Haiti, Korea, and I see I make a difference to their people and that makes you feel good about what we can do here in
America," said Nipper.

Now, after 24 years and six different deployments, including three in Iraq, Nipper said she went to keep her flying certifications current.

"So I chose to go. I chose to go as a civilian. The job that I do as a civilian is identical as the job I do in the military. I'm on a military base, I have a military ID. The military has to allow me to fly their aircraft. I have a letter of authorization from the military that says I have all the requirements. I have a clearance that allows me to fly the aircraft I do. And I don't think I'd be able to do any of that if it wasn't for my military background," Nipper added.

She added that although she was not in the county, she did not leave her commissioner duties.

"The county commissioner meetings, I viewed and streamed on a tablet while I was overseas, answered as many e-mails as I possibly could., even though there is a time difference, but that's not a problem with email. made phone calls, spoke with people when it really was important, whether getting up early or staying up late. But I stayed in touch with people," said Nipper.

Nipper said she originally joined to pursue her dream of flying helicopters but has since developed an appreciation for helping make a difference in the world.

"I'm just thankful I can make a change. I just enjoy what I do and I enjoy knowing I made a difference," Nipper said.

www.wjhg.com/content/news/Serving-our-county-and-country-441680273.html
 
I applaud her service and commitment.

I said she “chose to deploy” as a civilian contractor and she confirms her service in that manner above.
 
LD, She a private contractor and you know this. We already had this discussion in another thread. You can prop her up with the "serving her country" speech all you want but she's not in the Military anymore. Im grateful for her service but now that she signed up to serve Walton County Id really like for her to be here. I don't think thats too much to ask for. Do you?

Its funny how you say nothing life threatening happened while she was gone but yet you are on this forum every single day running the commissioners, WHO ARE HERE, names through the mud like its your job.

I thought you might find the irony in that but I guess its hard when you are too busy looking down your nose at the Commissioners.
 
LD, She a private contractor and you know this. We already had this discussion in another thread. You can prop her up with the "serving her country" speech all you want but she's not in the Military anymore. Im grateful for her service but now that she signed up to serve Walton County Id really like for her to be here. I don't think thats too much to ask for. Do you?

Its funny how you say nothing life threatening happened while she was gone but yet you are on this forum every single day running the commissioners, WHO ARE HERE, names through the mud like its your job.

I thought you might find the irony in that but I guess its hard when you are too busy looking down your nose at the Commissioners.


Now you're going to tell me what I know? That's arrogant! Again, she is an active Army Reservist and she is ALLOWED to have a job!!!

Again nothing life threatening happened and no lives were lost because she has a job outside Walton County.

If certain other Commissioners would stop giving people reasons to question their sanity or stupidity there wouldn't be anything to talk about would there?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top