• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Servers: Pls just write it down...

New posts

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Last night beans that weren't supposed to be on (or in or near) my burrito were everywhere. Today my spicy tuna roll just never showed up (as if I hadn't ordered it in the first place)...

I'm fairly certain that these issues are directly attributed to the fact that neither server who waited on me wrote down my order...

I don't get it. I waited tables for 5 years. It is a tough job and it can be very stressful. It is so easy to forget things. So why chance screwing it up? You don't get extra credit if you are able to remember it and get it right (you're supposed to get it right). But you do lose points in customer satisfaction and/or tip money when you get it wrong...

Servers, please write down orders. Restaurant owners, pls encourage this basic practice...
 
:rofl:

My waitress roommate always told me that good servers write stuff down - if only so they have it as evidence when the PITA complains.
 
:rofl:

My waitress roommate always told me that good servers write stuff down - if only so they have it as evidence when the PITA complains.

Eggzachary. A paper trail is always a good idea.
 
I find the whole thing extremely pretentious when they don't write a table's order down...the best waiters/waitresses write it down in a shorthand notation without ever losing eye contact with the party ordering
 
I wonder that there aren't some restaurants that pride themselves on training their servers to remember without writing it down.

Geo, I hadda laugh when you said "Don't mess with me". I knew it was coming....

:funn::funn:
 
Here's another recent one that was a tad annoying despite the fact that the order came out right-

Server: What can I get for you guys?

Geo: My son will have the chicken fingers with fries. My daughter will have a cheeseburger with just ketchup and mustard also with fries and I'll have the fish sandwich with chips.

Server (having not written anything down): chicken fingers with fries, cheeseburger with just ketchup and mustard side fries and a fish sandwich with the chips?

Geo: Yep. Say, do you have any soups today?

Server: Crab chowder and chicken noodle.

Geo: How's the chowder?

Server: It's awesome.

Geo: Okay, I'll start with that then.

Server: Okay, so... Um... (realizing he can't remember the original order)

Geo (pointing to the kids one at a time and reordering for them and then himself): chicken fingers with fries, cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard only and a fish sandwich with the chips.

Server: chicken fingers with fries, cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard only and a fish sandwich with the chips. What side does your daughter want?

Geo: fries (told him the first time)

Server: chicken fingers with fries, cheeseburger with ketchup and mustard only also with fries and a fish sandwich with the chips for you. Did I get it?

Geo: yes, and the soup.

Server: Oh, right. Got it.

UGH!!!!

It took all the strength I had in me to refrain from asking the guy to just please write it down so guests don't have to repeat the order and risk getting it wrong!!!
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top