• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Shark Attack

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard fox news is reporting another attack on a teenage boy. Second hand knowledge, but that's what I'm hearing.
 
A lot of us water ski and swim in the bay. And Yes, there are bull sharks in the bay according to some of the fisherman. I have not seen them but makes sense, bull sharks can live in salt water and freshwater. Just wondering has anyone ever been attached by a bull shark on the bay? :eek:
 
Someone probably ought to tell these people about what's going on down the beach.

InTheWater
 
Landlocked said:
Just heard fox news is reporting another attack on a teenage boy. Second hand knowledge, but that's what I'm hearing.
Nothing posted to Fox Website or CNN as of yet but a couple was killed by a grizzly in Alaska.
 
From Walton Sun reporters, online now:

June 27, 2005
By Gwen Break
The South Walton Fire District has confirmed a second shark attack on the Florida panhandle.
A 16-year-old boy has been transported to a Bay County hospital after he was bitten by a shark near Apalachicola at around 11 a.m. CDT.
According to fire officials, the boy was fishing in chest high water not far from shore when he was bitten on the right leg and his femoral attery severed.
A bystander pulled the boy to shore and he was taken by AirHeart 2 to a Bay County hospital. No word as yet as to the boy's condition.
This is the second attack since Saturday when a 14-year-old Louisiana girl was killed, also around 11 a.m. A bull shark attacked the girl as she and a companion were swimming about 100 yards offshore near Camping on the Gulf in South Walton.
The Walton County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a 1 p.m. press conference to discuss Saturday's attack.
 
Katmoo-

Thanks for the info
 
Bears who attack people are killed. Even bears who become accustomed to finding food where there are people (eating garbage, being fed by people, or raiding campsites) are also killed because they've learned to associate people with food.

Seems to me that if a shark bites someone once, they'll likely do it again. It also seems appropriate, in that instance, to kill the shark.
 
It just hit the airwaves here in Atlanta. Crap! I've got to remember to bring the "shark-be-gone" repelent. - Please don't misinterpret this anything irreverent.
:bang:
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering if this kid had the shark hooked. If you're fishing in "chest high" water, you don't know what you've hooked. I'm just saying....
 
I'm not sure I would like a sport where I'm the bait, but that's a good point. It's also possible he could have been reeling another fish in and the shark may have been excited by that as well....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top