• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sheriff Candidates Answer Public

New posts
It might not be a bad idea to find out why they were not there before making such a comment. You might be surprised to know that there was a reason for at least one of them not being there - he wasn't just sitting around twiddling his thumbs!

Dawg....this is political season....when you don't show up for a forum...the candidate needs to get the word out why. It looks bad and there is an obvious problem with invisible Ralph and the constituents are sensative about availability. We have a ghost sheriff and we want all cadidate spirits on stage. If the candidate doesn't realize that...he needs to get out of the race.

Note: If the candidate notified the forum reps that he could not attend, then I would hope it was announced at the forum why he wasn't there.

I am wondering...did the no shows tell the forum reps why they could not attend? There could be a good reason and it would help the no show candidates to explain why. Media?.......Aleonard? any scoop on this??
 
Dawg....do YOU have any scoop on this? It appears that you know something we don't....so why not spill it????
 
Dawg....this is political season....when you don't show up for a forum...the candidate needs to get the word out why. It looks bad and there is an obvious problem with invisible Ralph and the constituents are sensative about availability. We have a ghost sheriff and we want all cadidate spirits on stage. If the candidate doesn't realize that...he needs to get out of the race.

Note: If the candidate notified the forum reps that he could not attend, then I would hope it was announced at the forum why he wasn't there.

I am wondering...did the no shows tell the forum reps why they could not attend? There could be a good reason and it would help the no show candidates to explain why. Media?.......Aleonard? any scoop on this??

My understanding was that they were invited, but did not attend? No mention of a response or no response to the invitation was noted by the moderator and that's all I know:idontno:
 
I was recently informed that several citizens had raised concerns on sowal.com about my absence at the public forum on Thursday June 12 th. I would like to take this opportunity to respond to those concerns. Prior to the forum, I advised the sponsor that I would not be able to attend due to a conflict with my work schedule. It was my understanding that the reason for my absence would be announced so that the citizens would be informed that I was not simply a "no show". As some of you may know, I am employed by the Floride Highway Patrol/State of Florida. Per the rules of the state, I am prohibited from participating in any campaign events or discussing my campaign while in uniform. Additionally, I was required to take an extended leave of absence from my employment in order to actually begin my campaign efforts. Unfortunately, my leave from employment did not begin until 6/16/08. I now have the opportunity to put my campaign into motion and participate in upcoming events. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at griffith4sheriff@gdsys.net with any additional questions or concerns. Thank You.
 
I was recently informed that several citizens had raised concerns on sowal.com about my absence at the public forum on Thursday June 12 th. I would like to take this opportunity to respond to those concerns. Prior to the forum, I advised the sponsor that I would not be able to attend due to a conflict with my work schedule. It was my understanding that the reason for my absence would be announced so that the citizens would be informed that I was not simply a "no show". As some of you may know, I am employed by the Floride Highway Patrol/State of Florida. Per the rules of the state, I am prohibited from participating in any campaign events or discussing my campaign while in uniform. Additionally, I was required to take an extended leave of absence from my employment in order to actually begin my campaign efforts. Unfortunately, my leave from employment did not begin until 6/16/08. I now have the opportunity to put my campaign into motion and participate in upcoming events. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at griffith4sheriff@gdsys.net with any additional questions or concerns. Thank You.

Thanks for letting us know.

Now, where was Ralph?
 
I was recently informed that several citizens had raised concerns on sowal.com about my absence at the public forum on Thursday June 12 th. I would like to take this opportunity to respond to those concerns. Prior to the forum, I advised the sponsor that I would not be able to attend due to a conflict with my work schedule. It was my understanding that the reason for my absence would be announced so that the citizens would be informed that I was not simply a "no show". As some of you may know, I am employed by the Floride Highway Patrol/State of Florida. Per the rules of the state, I am prohibited from participating in any campaign events or discussing my campaign while in uniform. Additionally, I was required to take an extended leave of absence from my employment in order to actually begin my campaign efforts. Unfortunately, my leave from employment did not begin until 6/16/08. I now have the opportunity to put my campaign into motion and participate in upcoming events. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at griffith4sheriff@gdsys.net with any additional questions or concerns. Thank You.

I stand corrected. I did not read any reports of this being mentioned at the forum, so I felt the question was a valid one. I look forward to hearing more about your platform and qualifications.:clap:
 
I stand corrected. I did not read any reports of this being mentioned at the forum, so I felt the question was a valid one. I look forward to hearing more about your platform and qualifications.:clap:

Hi Idlewind,

It wasn't reported because there was no mention to report. I believe the moderator told the audience "all had been invited and these six were able to attend." :idontno: I was not involved with the organization of the forum just asked to cover it, so I was not given any info the public was not given.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top