• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sheriff race expands

New posts
Okay here are the people who pre-qualified for Sheriff today.


Michael Adkinson (R)
Ralph Johnson (R)
Dennis Wise (R)


So that brings the total up to five Republicans and it is only January.
 
Dep. Rick Brown was the deputy that took my report the other day. He told me he would be running for the Sheriff's job....he said he'd been in law enforcement for over 20 years and that he retired from FWB to Walton County....grew tired of retirement and went to work in Walton County. Was recently transferred to South Walton. First impression...he was a VERY Nice man, extremely polite, professional and helpful......not to mention great sense of humor!
 
Dep. Rick Brown was the deputy that took my report the other day. He told me he would be running for the Sheriff's job....he said he'd been in law enforcement for over 20 years and that he retired from FWB to Walton County....grew tired of retirement and went to work in Walton County. Was recently transferred to South Walton. First impression...he was a VERY Nice man, extremely polite, professional and helpful......not to mention great sense of humor!

Curious. Did he say all of this while in a Walton County Sheriff's Department uniform and while conducting official business of the department?
 
Are you trying to catch him campaigning while on the job? lol

So Dennis threw his name in the hat. Interesting. Seems like a good guy.

That kettle of gold in the pot is really shining.
 
Are you trying to catch him campaigning while on the job? lol

So Dennis threw his name in the hat. Interesting. Seems like a good guy.

That kettle of gold in the pot is really shining.

Just going to say that would be a good reason why someone should have to resign to run for their boss's job. There he is out there doing what the taxpayer is PAYING him to do, yet he gets in a chance to campaign. I work for myself and have yet to campaign while on the clock. I guess maybe I am the one that has issues. lol!
 
I believe that LIsa asked Rick to continue to patrol her area and he told her he would be resigning soon, she asked why and then asked him about himself.
The resign to run law is separate from the Hatch Act, and WHEN Rick and all the other candidates QUALIFY next June, all those candidates working in the sheriff's department will have to resign.

Wonder if DFS Police Department has any current federal grants ????
 
Are you running for Walton County Sheriff???
Just curious

Nope not qualified, I don't think. But as more enter the race, I may change my opinion of that. It is an awfully large pot of gold.

Elected officials get a pass on the Hatch Act from what I have read. I thought the same thing when I first heard of it, that Adkinson would not be able to run.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top