• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sheriff race expands

New posts
He lives in a house on Happy Hollow (just off 3280).
He has experience, integrity and strongly believes in ALL deputies being treated fairly.
Ooooh, what must Sheriff Ralph think???
Guess you are right, better get Rick out of the race too!:cool:
 
Darn, I was hoping he would have some dirt, but Richard's house checks out as his homestead property. I guess Sheriff Johnson won't bust him on that. I wonder if the Deputy will catch flack at the office, by the boss man, now that he is fighting for the boss's job.
 
Darn, I was hoping he would have some dirt, but Richard's house checks out as his homestead property. I guess Sheriff Johnson won't bust him on that. I wonder if the Deputy will catch flack at the office, by the boss man, now that he is fighting for the boss's job.

I would think that since he is going to try to get elected to the highest office in the department he must be more than just a deputy. He has to at least be a lt or captain, correct?
 
I would think that since he is going to try to get elected to the highest office in the department he must be more than just a deputy. He has to at least be a lt or captain, correct?

Incorrect. Anyone who raises the number of signatures required can run for office. It is up to us, the citizens of Walton County, to decide who is or is not qualified.

Just because someone is currently assigned to a ?Deputy? position does not mean they are not qualified to run and/or win. Further, just because someone is a ?Chief? or other high ranking title, does not automatically qualify them. You need to look at the character and background of the individual. Need we not forget, the current administration took an evidence technician, and over a few months time, promoted him to several high ranking positions, to include Captain over Patrol? Does that mean they are Qualified? No, far from it. I still question whether they (E.T.) were/are Florida State Certified or not? Another example would be an individual who was with the Highway Patrol for 20 or 25+ years. Do they have qualifications based on time spent, to be sheriff? Apparently so, as the current sheriff holds this and very few other accolades to his credit. Let?s not make the same mistake in 2008.

I do not know R. Brown, but do not count anyone out based solely on their current rank or position. Do the research, learn about the candidate(s). Bill Imfeld provided his bio to the public and the public responded. People could, still can, see that Bill Imfeld is the most qualified candidate for the job. His support and momentum was able to strike a cord with the current administration, as they were bold enough to use our tax dollars :angry: to hire the attorney to research how to eliminate the number one competition. That to me is just not thinking straight, it is an uneducated knee jerk reaction to a threat, a costly reaction which will send many a wave crashing into the office of the sheriff over the next several months.

Walton County is in need of new law enforcement leadership and only educated voters will save us. Otherwise, we are facing more ignorance from our elected officials.
 
WaltonGOP, I agree with The Watcher about qualifications being open to any ranking. I'm sure the high annual salary of $100,000+ makes it a very attractive Office. With Sheriff Johnson being the competition, I think anyone will have a decent shot at winning, if they are even half-way qualified regarding experience.
 
WaltonGOP, I agree with The Watcher about qualifications being open to any ranking. I'm sure the high annual salary of $100,000+ makes it a very attractive Office. With Sheriff Johnson being the competition, I think anyone will have a decent shot at winning, if they are even half-way qualified regarding experience.


Granted. Sometimes I do seem to forget that rank does not equal qualifications in Bizarro world. lol! The high salary does draw out quite a few people trying to get that position.

As for voters educating themselves before making a decision, someone please provide me an example of where that actually occurs with the majority.

As for what it takes to run, 343 signatures on petition forms, not spiral notebooks, is all you need to run for any local office in this county. Which reminds me, I got to get busy.
 
Well, maybe they will meet then. It's entirely possible to work with people and not have a clue who they are. And that's sad.

(Of course, I only know about 10 - 15 of the folks that work at the courthouse in DFS...I know names, but not the faces that go with them.)

Where else does this happen? :scratch::biggrin:
 
Granted. Sometimes I do seem to forget that rank does not equal qualifications in Bizarro world. lol! The high salary does draw out quite a few people trying to get that position.

As for voters educating themselves before making a decision, someone please provide me an example of where that actually occurs with the majority.

As for what it takes to run, 343 signatures on petition forms, not spiral notebooks, is all you need to run for any local office in this county. Which reminds me, I got to get busy.

The Majority? (No example to give, I hope you were being sarcastic) Why go with the flow? Why not try to have an educated voter base so that our County's Law Enforcement does not end up in the toilet for the next four years? Bring your plunger. :bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top