• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Shoo Mamas

New posts
This noon Betty and I stopped into Shoo Mama's after her weekly chemotherapy as we didn't feel like cooking lunch. She had blackened grouper with a vegetable medley and I had the potato boat with seafood filling. Both meals were outstanding! Also, our waiter, Joe, was as good as servers get. It is definitely a place to which I will return.
 
I went the other night...
I had the blackened tripple tail with cheese grits and an Asian slaw they subbed. I thought the slaw would be cold, but it was sauteed vegetables, but tasty. The grits were good, the fish was a bit over cooked, but still flavorful.
The service was great (I ate at the bar) and I had the key lime pie (could not resist!) Jenny, you are so right...it was WONDERFUL!!! The crust reminded me of my Mom's home made crust....actually the whole slice reminded me of my Mom's, who has been making Key Lime pie for 50+ years!!! I still miss the meringue topping, but I know it does not hold up very well and tends to "weep".
 
We went the other day for lunch and it was awesome! Great Food! Best music playing and they have Magic Hat! delicious! thanks for the great times!
 
We went last week for lunch and after waiting a little too long, decided that it would be the last time. Then we tasted the food. Blackened chicken sandwich, grouper sandwich and burger were all fantastic. Plus, out waiter Matt has got to be one of the nicest guys that I've met. We will give them a pass on the long wait and definitely be back.
 
Went with the family. Dinner was super yum.
 
Its been a too long summer away from Dune Allen and and I have put Shoo Mama's first on my list for September return. Thanks for the info everyone!
 
I agree- was there with a friend, the house salad is great, the chicken on my friend's sandwich she let me try a bite of was so well seasoned I asked for an a la carte breast to go along with my already generous lunch. Great job, gentleman!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top