I will start another thread on that later.
Okay two issues that I constantly hear about code enforcement that I think need to be addressed.
The snipe signs are a bit ridiculous. They should pick up what they can, and if they can track down the owner of the sign then I see no problem with citing them. But I am figuring that someone would want some sort of exemption built into the code for yard sales, art festivals, things of that nature. Also, since the county makes frequent use of the signs to advertise rec programs, what about them? Currently they are exempt, but leading by example is a good thing, no?
The other thing is weekends and holidays. I really feel that something should be done about the off days of the government. It is quite obvious that the marketers have learned what days it is safe to line the streets with rainbow flags, banners, and signs.
But for code officers to drive around and stop you and talk about the color of your building, the height of your fence, did you get a permit for that temporary storage trailer, things of that nature, I think is a bit much. Still not near as bad once you cross the bay. The 'failure to maintain' citations that could be issued in nowal would keep the whole lot of them busy for years. And if you cite one, you would have to do them all in the area to make sure no one claims selective enforcement.