I spoke with two additional deputy Sherrifs yesterday in the morning at the Grayton Store. Explained the whole situation to them again. Our new sign (should have this coming week), our new insert in check-in packets that we give our customers (this was supposed to be implemented this weekend, we have lots of check-ins this weekend), the spike strips I am going to lay down (just kidding), and re-iterated the importance of the correct speed especially in the Grayton area with so many kids, peds, and bikers. And course explained the tragedy of the kitten being hit on DeFuniak. What kind of sitiuation would our small little area be in if a child or an elderly person gets hit by a speeder if we continue to bring it to the officals attention. With all that said I know God is in control but he uses us as vessels. I spoke with them about the mobile speed detector on wheels (which works) and even a patrol car with a dummy in the front which would work probally just for one or two days.
Anyway, we had a great conversation and 10 seconds after I pulled into our parking lots, those two Duputies were pulling over a speeder. It was a vendors truck. We talked about vendors as well.
***Note to all on here and all who know folks in the area. Go the speed limit because I hope I am geting my point across to the Deputies. I know they are busy but we need to slow people down in Grayton, and yes that includes the locals. BTW, they said they would contact the guy in charge of patrol division for the little trailor that they have and maybe put it out there. They said the only have one. Maybe they could take some monies out of the big blue sign budget and buy more speed detecting trailors.***
If anyone wants to continue adding to this thread I will make sure the proper county officals get it. That may or may not help.
Could someone tell me why I can't get my spell check or any of the tools to works when I am posting something, please.
Anyway, we had a great conversation and 10 seconds after I pulled into our parking lots, those two Duputies were pulling over a speeder. It was a vendors truck. We talked about vendors as well.
***Note to all on here and all who know folks in the area. Go the speed limit because I hope I am geting my point across to the Deputies. I know they are busy but we need to slow people down in Grayton, and yes that includes the locals. BTW, they said they would contact the guy in charge of patrol division for the little trailor that they have and maybe put it out there. They said the only have one. Maybe they could take some monies out of the big blue sign budget and buy more speed detecting trailors.***
If anyone wants to continue adding to this thread I will make sure the proper county officals get it. That may or may not help.
Could someone tell me why I can't get my spell check or any of the tools to works when I am posting something, please.

...we went down your road on Sunday and although we always seem to just naturally slow down because Grayton has that affect on us, I popped Mr. K and reminded him to slow slow it down! I hope this sign helps us all to remember we have arrived.